Grillstock results

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

Re: Grillstock results

Postby The Social Smokers » 02 Jul 2012, 07:41

Well done Ed and Emma and thanks for all the advice you gave us this weekend. We've learnt a lot and had a lot of tiring fun! For our first comp it was a bit of a baptism by fire (and smoke :lol:) thanks to everyone and hopefully see you next year!
The Social Smokers
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby keith157 » 02 Jul 2012, 08:03

The Social Smokers wrote:Well done Ed and Emma and thanks for all the advice you gave us this weekend. We've learnt a lot and had a lot of tiring fun! For our first comp it was a bit of a baptism by fire (and smoke :lol:) thanks to everyone and hopefully see you next year!

Fire, smoke and RAIN don't forget the RAIN, hey if you can Q at that level in those conditions the world is your bi-valve ;)
keith157

Postby The Social Smokers » 02 Jul 2012, 08:44

keith157 wrote:
The Social Smokers wrote:Well done Ed and Emma and thanks for all the advice you gave us this weekend. We've learnt a lot and had a lot of tiring fun! For our first comp it was a bit of a baptism by fire (and smoke :lol:) thanks to everyone and hopefully see you next year!

Fire, smoke and RAIN don't forget the RAIN, hey if you can Q at that level in those conditions the world is your bi-valve ;)

The rain was horrendous. We arrived on site at 2am on Sunday morning to get the pork in and it was so cold at wet that we must have used a whole bag of coal just to keep warm, it didn't warm up until at least 9-10am!
The Social Smokers
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby BBQFanatic » 02 Jul 2012, 12:59

We were onsite from midnight through to just before 2 on Sunday morning, and it rained so hard that we had a river running through our site. It was so loud that we couldnt hear each other talking. Didnt help that we had polished off most of the bottle of excellent Whisky (Rittenhouse - Thanks Big Dan for the tip), had a 3 hour soujorn to "The Apple" cider boat and had a case of Jeremiah Weed Brew all of which were summarily dispatched by the team over the course of the evening.

A good event, and we were next to Gurmlee Gala, a really professional outfit, of top notch Chefs from Estonia. They did grill everything, but watching them debone a whole chicken was a real education.

Once again, thanks to Ed and Em for sorting us out for almost everything that we didnt have - Pretty much most things!
BBQFanatic

Postby Big_Fat_Dan » 02 Jul 2012, 13:31

Sounds like the event was a success, i'll be penciling it in my calender for next year, Well done to everyone, the food looked amazing from the photos i have seen.

And Cuan, glad your liking the Rittenhouse, i'm sure it helped you sleep better :D and look forward to meeting you Wednesday, should be a blast.
Big_Fat_Dan
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby philnewts » 02 Jul 2012, 17:33

Full results have now been posted on the GS site.
philnewts
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby bencops » 02 Jul 2012, 18:56

bencops

Postby Swindon_Ed » 03 Jul 2012, 08:51

Thanks everyone for the support we had a great weekend but still trying to get over it at the moment.

keith157 wrote:Congrats to Ed & Emma, GC so now we know the secret, it seems the judges like your food more than you do ;)

I know what you mean keith, i'm now starting to question myself :lol: :lol:
Swindon_Ed

Postby The Social Smokers » 03 Jul 2012, 10:57

Swindon_Ed wrote:Thanks everyone for the support we had a great weekend but still trying to get over it at the moment.

keith157 wrote:Congrats to Ed & Emma, GC so now we know the secret, it seems the judges like your food more than you do ;)

I know what you mean keith, i'm now starting to question myself :lol: :lol:

I'm still getting over it too, from the lack of sleep!

Was good to meet you and get adivice from you and Emma. It has inspired us to get involved with more comps next year. We came 15th overall which i thought wasn't too bad for our first comp. The brisket let us down with a shocking placing of 20th. Our highest placing was 11th for chicken and im pleased that our pork but finished above last years 2nd place pork butt! :shock:
The Social Smokers
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Steve » 03 Jul 2012, 11:02

First time out, that's a cracking set of results. There were some very good and very experienced cooks there at the weekend. Also it sounds like you had to deal with harsh weather overnight, dealing with any kind of problem or adverse conditions is something you get better at with experience.

Main thing I always tell new teams when they come to our events is, chill out, soak up the atmosphere and enjoy yourselves. Sounds like you guys can tick all three of those boxes from the weekend so I'd say that's a result. :D
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events