Paddle Round The Pier

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

Re: Paddle Round The Pier

Postby Toby » 26 Jun 2012, 08:45

Paddle Round the Pier Information part 1

There are certain logistical problems that will face teams for this event which I will outline below.

Address for your satnav - Brighton & Hove Boundary, Kings Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN3 2WN
Entry is via the Eastern end of Hove Lawns where you will be met and issued with two security accreditation passes.

The Paddle Village is open to the public:
Saturday 09.00 until 20.00. Sunday 09.00 until 18.00
There will be a surf/skate film night and the bar will be open on the Friday from 1800 until 2130. All exhibitors will have free admittance to the film if required.

Security
There is 6’ herac fencing surrounding the site and security on site at all times (that includes Fri/Sat/Sun evenings). Security Control will not allow anyone access to the site (out of operational hours) unless they are able to show an accreditation pass which you will receive when you first arrive. DONT LOOSE IT!

Waste Management
You are responsible for your own waste management. There will be bins (and skips) provided for common waste but note these are really in place for the use of patrons. You are welcome to use the bins however excessive abuse of the skips and bins provided will force PRTP to levy additional charges for anyone taking the Mickey!

Set up/arrival times
12noon Friday the 6th until 22.00 (but don’t worry if you arrive early as you know we aim to accommodate!)
Due to reasons of H&S there is NO vehicle movement on site from 08.30 onwards until all the public have left the site at 2000 (or 18.00 on Sunday). The Site Manager will tell you when it is safe to move off site.

Please make a note of your Pitch Number and bring this with you as it will save time on arrival.

Now to the competition bit.

We have restricted space therefore competition pitches are 4m wide by 10m long, and everything must be contained in your pitch.

Cook area to be at the front of your pitch so that it can be seen by the public.

We are on the esplanade, therefore no grass to peg anything down, suitable bags that can be filled with beach pebbles are strongly recommended.

Water is available through stand pipes.

No electric overnight due to noise.

If the vehicle does not fit within your pitch it must be moved off site.

It all sounds worse than it is! Still working to try and better the situation but wanted to give you all worst case scenario!
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bencops » 26 Jun 2012, 11:47

Is there anywhere we can park close to the pitch and lug equipment?
bencops

Postby Toby » 26 Jun 2012, 11:57

I take it you mean during show hours? There is nowhere on site ans i imagine the surrounding roads are going to be manic
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby thesmokingpenguin » 26 Jun 2012, 12:06

Parking in Brighton / Hove is horrendous (the council have put up parking rates, so much that in most locations, it's around £20 per day for on street parking!!!) - if people are wanting to unload vans then park up somewhere else, I could list some locations they could leave the vehicles for free for the weekend - they're all about a 30-45 min walk or a 5 min bus journey - that's what we'll be doing.
thesmokingpenguin
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby bencops » 26 Jun 2012, 12:33

At Feastival (which was on Clapham Common, not known for its parking!) we parked onsite with the "performers"/the VIP area. They need somewhere for their tour van after all. We just blagged our way into that area.

Is there such an area at Brighton? If so can we demand access to it for all teams?
bencops

Postby Toby » 26 Jun 2012, 12:36

The short answer is no, this isnt a music event and to be honest appreciate being invited to such a large and respected event.
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Steve » 26 Jun 2012, 12:38

Surely you'll just be in one van though Ben?

Toby's already stated your pitch will be deep enough to put your van behind your gazebo. That's what we're doing.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bencops » 26 Jun 2012, 12:38

ok, just a thought.

I've never heard of it, don't know if its got music or not.
bencops

Postby Swindon_Ed » 26 Jun 2012, 12:47

thesmokingpenguin wrote:Parking in Brighton / Hove is horrendous (the council have put up parking rates, so much that in most locations, it's around £20 per day for on street parking!!!) - if people are wanting to unload vans then park up somewhere else, I could list some locations they could leave the vehicles for free for the weekend - they're all about a 30-45 min walk or a 5 min bus journey - that's what we'll be doing.

If you could this would be a great help as although i'm ok to drop everything off on Friday, i've then got to go home and pickup Emma Saturday lunchtime so i'll need somewhere to park!
Swindon_Ed

Postby Steve » 27 Jun 2012, 12:35

When are people getting down?

Are we hitting the beer Friday night? :D
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events