The Big BBQ!!!

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

Re: The Big BBQ!!!

Postby Steve » 10 Jun 2012, 20:07

Only two weeks to go :D

Don't know the lineup yet. If there are any new teams in need of advice or need to borrow kit, nw is the time to shout :)
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby esselle » 10 Jun 2012, 21:37

Just made rubs trying to get organised early.
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Swindon_Ed » 19 Jun 2012, 11:50

eeek... only 2 days to go!!!

So much still to sort out at work, i've not had much of a chance to get prepared and with a big meeting in London on Friday morning i'm not able to take the day off and i've also got to get back from London to pack the car before i can head off to Essex.

Please tell me everyone else's preperation is going as badly as mine???
Swindon_Ed

Postby esselle » 19 Jun 2012, 12:07

Swindon_Ed wrote:eeek... only 2 days to go!!!

So much still to sort out at work, i've not had much of a chance to get prepared and with a big meeting in London on Friday morning i'm not able to take the day off and i've also got to get back from London to pack the car before i can head off to Essex.

Normally it does but so far I'm ahead. Everything is already loaded onto the trailer. Meat ordered to be collected Thursday late. Prep fri morning. Rubs done. Injections and sauces to mix. But saying that something is bound to go wrong :lol:
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby joker smoker » 19 Jun 2012, 12:08

preparation? what preparation? :?
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby keith157 » 19 Jun 2012, 12:28

Swindon_Ed wrote:eeek... only 2 days to go!!!

No ours is fine really, although I suppose that's cos we're just sightseeing again :lol:
We've packed theKFC handwipes and tissues ready for sampling, especially if you're using that sauce again :D
keith157

Postby Swindon_Ed » 19 Jun 2012, 12:39

we're using the sauce but we've got a better rub we've made and much better quality ribs. I've had the butcher emailing me photo's of them all morning with what he's done with them, and we'll be cooking more racks of ribs than normal so we'll have the odd one or two spare.
Swindon_Ed

Postby keith157 » 19 Jun 2012, 13:14

Okay!!!!!
Just posted a topic on Asda'd KC style ribs
keith157

Postby bencops » 22 Jun 2012, 11:12

Apparently high winds at the site, sounds horrendous.

Gulp.
bencops

Postby thelawnet » 23 Jun 2012, 23:53

Just got back from the Big BBQ. It seemed like they forgot to tell the public that they had an event on, as hardly anyone turned up. The funfair people looked pretty miserable and went home fairly swiftly.

Felt slightly swindled by the event title, there wasn't any BBQ on sale. Was not impressed when one of the bands said 'hello burger lovers', because that's the impression the catering arrangements gave that BBQ was about, because there were lots of the standard mystery meat burger vans there, and no ribs, brisket, etc., at all....

Gave the Ready Steady Q a go, my chicken was underdone (not sure why, I must have put the thermapen in the wrong part of the leg), so no joy there, but the competition provided entertainment for the hundred or so in attendance, so thanks for that.

The Bon Jovi tribute band at the end put on a good show.
thelawnet
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

PreviousNext

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events