The Big BBQ!!!

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

Re: The Big BBQ!!!

Postby Toby » 24 Jun 2012, 16:38

i was told weeks before that the BBQ vendors spots had been filled, i asked purely because i was certain a few teams would have liked to earn some money back by selling to the public, when i asked on Saturday morning who was turning up and was told no-one i was, welll, uuummm shocked. After the wind marquee incident it was head down and carry on. My priority has always been to the teams, RSQ and Kids Q competitors which is why i have never thought about starting my own event!!

Surrey County Show had just under 28k people there this year and paddle had 50k there last year so all in all without other events booked in and new ones that seem to be cropping up we are doing well for our partners.
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby keith157 » 24 Jun 2012, 16:40

Steve wrote:The overall event didnt turn out well thats for sure

I think Toby, Ed, Ryan et al did a great job on the IBQN part of the show. It was well run and as ever we enjoyed the Pit Masters event but it's hard not with the guys who compete. Hoping at Brighton to be next to James, I mean Adam, I mean Colin, no Charlie, that's it :lol:

Got a new phone case today by the way ;)

Umm are you referring to the beloved penguin per chance :D
keith157

Postby Neil » 24 Jun 2012, 20:09

I agree a big thank you to Toby and all for another great pit masters event :)
Steve wrote:Got a new phone case today by the way ;)

And steve don't 'dock' this one ;)
Neil
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby keith157 » 25 Jun 2012, 05:34

Neil wrote:I agree a big thank you to Toby and all for another great pit masters event :)
Steve wrote:Got a new phone case today by the way ;)

And steve don't 'dock' this one ;)

I take it that's a story for a bar in Bristol ????
keith157

Postby esselle » 25 Jun 2012, 09:25

I agree completely with what Steve (pooey phone) has said. The event was poorly attended and that is in no way any fault of Toby or IBQN as we were asked to attend and hold our competition there, not organise the thing! Toby Ed and all the team did a fantastic job as always. And I don't mind you being next to Colin as long as we are the other side of him as I have seriously never laughed so much in my life. The penguin is a comedy genius! :lol:
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby keith157 » 25 Jun 2012, 10:21

Bearing in mind what you all went through Friday to Saturday and from Thursday on setup I personally think it was fantastic. I got the impression from the few short conversations we had that George/James/Adam/Colin/Charlie the penguin was, an absolute hoot.

So Steve's phone is a pooey phone, the plot thickens as to it's demise
keith157

Postby Steve » 25 Jun 2012, 10:45

Lets make it clear the phone is fine. The case gave its life to protect said phone form a fate worse than death :lol:

Scott, If I end up with the nickname Poo-phone Steve, then there will be retribution ;)
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby thesmokingpenguin » 25 Jun 2012, 10:57

keith157 wrote: I got the impression from the few short conversations we had that George/James/Adam/Colin/Charlie the penguin was, an absolute hoot.

Thank you for your kind words, but penguins do not hoot - as you can see from this video (approx 1min in) we giggle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wTWWjYTe1I :lol:
thesmokingpenguin
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby esselle » 25 Jun 2012, 11:45

Steve wrote:Lets make it clear the phone is fine. The case gave its life to protect said phone form a fate worse than death :lol:

Scott, If I end up with the nickname Poo-phone Steve, then there will be retribution ;)

Ok but pooey CASE Steve doesn't sound half as cool :lol:
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby esselle » 25 Jun 2012, 11:46

thesmokingpenguin wrote:
keith157 wrote: I got the impression from the few short conversations we had that George/James/Adam/Colin/Charlie the penguin was, an absolute hoot.

Thank you for your kind words, but penguins do not hoot - as you can see from this video (approx 1min in) we giggle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wTWWjYTe1I :lol:

Made me giggle :lol:
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

PreviousNext

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events