Free samples for the public

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

Free samples for the public

Postby Eddie » 11 Dec 2011, 14:14

After reading the rules for season 2012, I notice that as competitors are not allowed to give out free samples to the public. Could someone please tell me why this is, or is just a legal thing ?
After competitions their is qiute a lot of left overs and it seems a shame to put it in the bin rather then giving it out to people that have turned up to see what we do. Surely if this was done, maybe we would be able to get others to see the light, and convert or even add into their summer BBQ. Low and Slow ?

Regards

Eddie
Eddie
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Free samples for the public

Postby British BBQ Society » 11 Dec 2011, 17:38

Due to a couple of reasons, firstly, hygiene. Secondly most events that we are part of (as you know we do not run the shows ourselves) have sold catering pitches which means food is strictly regulated.
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby British BBQ Society » 14 Dec 2011, 14:48

It is self explanatory, but if an event sells catering pitches, no food can be given out as that would breach the organisers contracts with the food vendors that have paid for their right to sell food.
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby keith157 » 15 Dec 2011, 08:00

It makes sense in that respect, not happy about it though, :( as I had my first tatse of proper pulled pork n smoked ribs at Rudgewick :D .
keith157

Postby British BBQ Society » 15 Dec 2011, 08:11

I opened up the event at my place last May to forum members and will do the same this year. People can eat as much as they want there!
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Smokey Toad » 16 Dec 2011, 17:12

One of the best ways to taste the best, is to become a Judge. Sign up to be a judge, Come and join us for the meat feast, followed by the meat sweats!
Smokey Toad
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby clairbare » 20 Dec 2011, 15:52

Smokey Toad wrote:One of the best ways to taste the best, is to become a Judge. Sign up to be a judge, Come and join us for the meat feast, followed by the meat sweats!

I'll give you that one, must be great being a judge :D
But also the forum members turning up in May to get a taste of not just the food but the competition and the company is also a very good way to get the taste/bug too :)
clairbare
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby keith157 » 21 Dec 2011, 13:12

clairbare wrote:
Smokey Toad wrote:One of the best ways to taste the best, is to become a Judge. Sign up to be a judge, Come and join us for the meat feast, followed by the meat sweats!

I'll give you that one, must be great being a judge :D
But also the forum members turning up in May to get a taste of not just the food but the competition and the company is also a very good way to get the taste/bug too :)

Hope so we are hoping to be there, at a proper time this time. Judging hour probably wasn't the best time :lol:
keith157

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events