Rudgwick

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

Re: Rudgwick

Postby wade » 30 Aug 2011, 18:22

Toby, I thought you said it was because it was due to staffing that let you down at the last minute. Well hey ho its your show. From what I saw I think things went well but I still think a trick may have been missed. There has to be a balance I would have expected that spreading the word was important too. If there was some some commercial incentive for public interation I think that both could be achieved without detriment to the other - maybe someone like Doc would be interested as he does something similar at Grillstock. Maybe there would also be room for a concession for a non-competing hardware and accessories vendor. Just some thoughts to throw into the mix for the future...
wade
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby British BBQ Society » 30 Aug 2011, 18:32

i guess its like an exam you are told to read the question several times before writing an answer. The same applies to posts. I was let down and therefore could still do the vending but not give 100% to the competition or i could forgo the vending and make sure the competitors got what they had been working towards for the last year, a flawless competition. I, as already stated will always make sure the competition is priority number 1.
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby clairbare » 30 Aug 2011, 18:45

British BBQ Society wrote: I, as already stated will always make sure the competition is priority number 1.

LIKE :D :D :D
clairbare
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby British BBQ Society » 30 Aug 2011, 18:49

clairbare wrote:
British BBQ Society wrote: I, as already stated will always make sure the competition is priority number 1.

but alas Clair, some still do not understand the difference between us and comercial BBQ events :roll:
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby keith157 » 31 Aug 2011, 05:37

British BBQ Society wrote:
clairbare wrote:

but alas Clair, some still do not understand the difference between us and comercial BBQ events :roll:

Maybe not yet Toby but we are learning, which after all should be, AND IS IMHO, a major part of this forum. Maybe the final wasn't the best place to learn about BBQ, as you kindly cautioned us on our arrival, it WAS the NATIONAL FINAL and the competitors were ther to compete. Even so a few people were able to make us feel welcome and we both look forward to the start of next years events where we can get to know people better and put faces, and flavours ;) to names. Is there a diary of events published anywhere (haven't looked to deeply yet sorry :oops: )
keith157

Postby British BBQ Society » 31 Aug 2011, 06:39

We are working on dates at the moment, next years going to be very busy with 6 plus comps. First dates have been posted on our facebook page and will be added onto the site when they are updated.
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events