Chuffed beyond Chuffness

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

Chuffed beyond Chuffness

Postby LM600 » 14 Jul 2011, 19:17

Some very good Friends of mine have asked if I will do a Q for their Baby Shower....for a guest list that is 100 people plus! :D

It's going to be all hot'n'fast, burgers, sausage and chicken, but I am so stoked! It'll be a challenge as they do not own any Q's yet, and are on about getting a couple or three cheapies from Asda/Tesco....what the hell! This is what I learnt to cook on and there is nothing wrong with that!
Just going to have to readjust my timings / Q heat for things....esp. the snags!

Can't wait!

Sorry for the emotional post, but I am so freakin' chuffed! :ugeek:
LM600

Re: Chuffed beyond Chuffness

Postby LM600 » 14 Jul 2011, 21:31

Thanks Dude! I'll make sure the Mrs takes some pics....I reckon I'll be juggling a few things :D
LM600

Postby MrBlue » 15 Jul 2011, 08:57

At our recent party we did grilling, and also had the PRO Q there chugging away with ribs and chiken – which generated countless comments of “WTF is that?”................at which point you proceed to talk Q all afternoon! 8-)
MrBlue
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby LM600 » 17 Jul 2011, 20:37

Cheers Mr B!

Yeah, I did offer my Brinkmann grill and E20 for the festivities but it's a question of getting them over to my Pals place (not so much the E20)

But hey, if they get three cheapies from the s.market, as long as they have lids then I'm sure it'll all be good - snags on one with a little hickory and lowish heat, chicken on another with maybe some cherry and burgers hot 'n' fast on the third is what I'm thinking.
LM600

Postby clairbare » 17 Jul 2011, 20:48

cool, it feels good when people ask you to cook for them, we loved it :D
clairbare
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby LM600 » 07 Aug 2011, 14:16

Cheers Doc....only 6 days to go now! :)
LM600

Postby Curlie028 » 11 Aug 2011, 16:28

Best of luck LM.
I catered for almost 60 last weekend at no2's 21st BBQ Bash.
Did an all day and overnight Pork Butt, an all day long brisket, ribs and lots of grilling. It was at mine, so the WSM was on site, making the smoking possible.
Very very tiring but I get your enthusiasm and excitement completely. In fact I'm relieved to see it, cause I thought I was over reacting.
Not a word of complaint and lots of BBQ talk and been asked to roll the smoker out at a scout fundraiser for next years camp. Well pleased!
Only advice I can give is that 60 was hard work on my own, given it was my first "big" event. Get an able assistant, for bap cutting (I was continually handling raw meat with my left hand and didn't want to touch the baps), to shuttle burgers and sausages from the fridge, gather guests when a group of food is ready and to keep an eye on things when you want a wee break.
Once again best of luck and enjoy!
Curlie028
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby keith157 » 12 Aug 2011, 09:25

Good luck, I'm nowhere near that confident yet but maybe in a year or so. Good luck and may all your SNAGS be on the BBQs and not from them ;)
keith157

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events