Mayhem in May 2011 Full Pitmasters Results

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

Re: Mayhem in May 2011 Full Pitmasters Results

Postby Chris__M » 31 May 2011, 10:49

GastroteerCharlie wrote:Brilliantly organised Toby! Also, thanks so much to everyone competing for making us feel so welcome. Particular thanks to Yeti, Scott, Clint, Bev and everyone on that side of the field for not just tolerating, but actively encouraging the ukulele!

Cool. If I make it next year, I'll bring my uke along for some lessons and tips! (I'm a guitarist at heart, but have been experimenting with a uke).
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby RED » 31 May 2011, 10:52

Thanks to Toby and Team for arranging such a well organised competition weekend.

All our lot enjoyed it and we certainly hit a steep learning curve on the BBQ judging front! Well done to all the competitors who did such a sterling job of smashing us to smithereens in the meat categories....Dessert is ours to defend though!! ;o)

Apologies to those who didn't sleep too well on the Friday night/morning, but you must admit our makeshift orchestra created some wondrous 4am camp fire at music. Album goes on sale soon.

Well, hopefully see you all again in July, just have to move some social bits and bobs around to free up some time.

-Red
RED

Postby Swindon_Ed » 31 May 2011, 12:04

GastroteerCharlie wrote:double apologies for getting your name wrong all weekend, Ed

Don't worry about it Charlie, to be honest i didn't notice.

GastroteerCharlie wrote:I think we need to work on our technique anyway

We'll if you need any tips post your questions on here and i know everyone will help out.

Thanks to Chris & Sira from Stick the Kettle on for providing good music all weekend long, and being good neighbours.

Also want to say thanks again to Toby & Kate for a great weekend, already looking forward to the next one.
Swindon_Ed

Postby clairbare » 31 May 2011, 12:42

Wow what a great weekend was had by all. It was great to finally meet you all and what a great bunch of people.

We were exceptionally pleased to come 9th overall and want to extend a special thanks to Steve and Neil (Royal Q) and John (BBQ Shack) for all the support you gave us and for not telling us to piss off when we asked millions of questions :lol:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 4256819991 check out our Facebook page for photo's we took of the event (while you are there you can LIKE our page :D )

After the wobble of "extreme tiredness and hate camping" that Lee suffered from, he finally admitted he had a Fab weekend and placing 9th was a massive pick me up for him. He has not committed to July yet, but I will work on him ;)

Thanks again to EVERYONE for making this a spectacular weekend and for everyone who in your own way spurred us on.

Thanks to Toby and Kate for putting on a great venue too
clairbare
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Vic. » 31 May 2011, 15:14

glad to see so many teams compete, and congrats to the winners ;)
Vic.
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby GastroteerCharlie » 31 May 2011, 21:17

Chris__M wrote:
GastroteerCharlie wrote:Brilliantly organised Toby! Also, thanks so much to everyone competing for making us feel so welcome. Particular thanks to Yeti, Scott, Clint, Bev and everyone on that side of the field for not just tolerating, but actively encouraging the ukulele!

Cool. If I make it next year, I'll bring my uke along for some lessons and tips! (I'm a guitarist at heart, but have been experimenting with a uke).

Awesome! The more ukes the better (although not sure everyone else will agree...)
GastroteerCharlie
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby GastroteerCharlie » 31 May 2011, 21:19

Swindon_Ed wrote:
GastroteerCharlie wrote:double apologies for getting your name wrong all weekend, Ed

Don't worry about it Charlie, to be honest i didn't notice.

GastroteerCharlie wrote:I think we need to work on our technique anyway

We'll if you need any tips post your questions on here and i know everyone will help out.

Thanks to Chris & Sira from Stick the Kettle on for providing good music all weekend long, and being good neighbours.

Also want to say thanks again to Toby & Kate for a great weekend, already looking forward to the next one.

Cheers Ed. Yes, we've got a lot of questions. Although I'll save them for the other threads so as not to hijack this one. But I'm really looking forward to reading the judges' feedback once Toby has time to collate them.
GastroteerCharlie
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby esselle » 01 Jun 2011, 10:41

Congratulations to BBQ Shack for winning another GC, and to all who picked up trophies particularly the newcomers, we know what that feels like :D Also thanks again to Toby and Kate for laying on another successful weekend. Thanks to Chris and Adie for rigging us up with power after turning up with a half finished trailer. ;) So great to see old friends and meet some new ones too. Roll on July.
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby MrBlue » 01 Jun 2011, 16:21

clairbare wrote:Wow what a great weekend was had by all. It was great to finally meet you all and what a great bunch of people.

We were exceptionally pleased to come 9th overall and want to extend a special thanks to Steve and Neil (Royal Q) and John (BBQ Shack) for all the support you gave us and for not telling us to piss off when we asked millions of questions :lol:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 4256819991 check out our Facebook page for photo's we took of the event (while you are there you can LIKE our page :D )

After the wobble of "extreme tiredness and hate camping" that Lee suffered from, he finally admitted he had a Fab weekend and placing 9th was a massive pick me up for him. He has not committed to July yet, but I will work on him ;)

Thanks again to EVERYONE for making this a spectacular weekend and for everyone who in your own way spurred us on.

Thanks to Toby and Kate for putting on a great venue too

and an extended thank you to Adie (Bite The Bullet)- for lending us SOOOOOO much stuff to get us throught the comp - your a top man in a top team!! ;)
MrBlue
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby All Weather Griller » 01 Jun 2011, 19:24

MrBlue wrote:and an extended thank you to Adie (Bite The Bullet)- for lending us SOOOOOO much stuff to get us throught the comp - your a top man in a top team!! ;)

You're welcome. We all borrow and beg and almost every event. This weekend I was on the cadge from Miss Piggys for bacon so I could have breakfast. LOL

It was an excellent weekend as usual, tiring as usual. The alcoholic coma that is induced on the Friday does not constitute sleep.
All Weather Griller

PreviousNext

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events