Lost my dirty cherry!

Somtimes it just has to be done, anyone fancy a ribeye?

Lost my dirty cherry!

Postby RobinC » 21 Jul 2013, 08:59

Finally got round to cooking a steak directly on lumpwood. Came out with a crusty exterior and nice and medium rare on the inside. Will definitely be cooking steak this way again.

RobinC
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Lost my dirty cherry!

Postby PyroBoris » 22 Jul 2013, 11:46

Awesome! I tried this not long ago, and up till then I wasn't a fan of steaks cooked on coal (nothing could beat my seasoned cast iron griddle pan), but I'll definitely be cooking steak this way again. Would also like to try out tuna! :)
PyroBoris
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby RobinC » 22 Jul 2013, 12:25

Just did the one steak as hadn't tried it before. Then the rest of the family all sampled it (I had grilled a bunch of other stuff normally). Everyone liked it and want me to cook like this again. Hadn't thought of doing tuna but I'd imagine that would be a very quick cook
RobinC
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Verminskti » 22 Mar 2014, 22:54

Did this a few years ago and it was magnificent! two inch thick T-bone dalmatian seasoning and onto the lump. Wow the screaming in my head to take it off the fire. Kinda like Gollum when Sam's cooking the coneys!

Three minutes a side and 5 mins up on the cool side of the grill. Don't think I've ever had a better steak. Especially where the top fat on the sirloin side lit up on the coals.
Verminskti
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Hot 'n' Fast (Grilling)