U.K. Brisket

A place to discuss low 'n' slow cooking, ask questions and share advice.

U.K. Brisket

Postby LiamFisher » 13 Aug 2017, 16:30

I'm looking for some help on smoking a U.K.brisket. I'm struggling to keep the flat moist due to the lack of fat. The point is turning out great. I'm cooking a 4kg joint, cut from the point end. Smoking at around 120c (250 f) for about 9 hours. Any advice?
Cheers,
Liam
LiamFisher
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: U.K. Brisket

Postby Alan68 » 13 Jan 2018, 10:48

Liam
Try and have read of some of the cooks on this site, lots of advice,
https://tvwbb.com/forumdisplay.php?94-Beef-Recipes

Hope it helps
Alan
Alan68
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: U.K. Brisket

Postby DippyToots » 09 Sep 2018, 23:35

This is what I did with my first flat U.K. brisket today, it weighed 11lbs. I was really concerned cos if pretty much filled up my Matador kettle bbq, I piled coals donut style around outer edge. My brisket didn’t really need trimming it had an uneven amount of fat on one side. It tapered to a bit of a point one end, which was also thinner. I did a dry coffee chilli rub, temp stayed steady at 200. To prevent it drying out I had a tray of coke in the bottom, and my meat on another rack over a smaller meat dish. Fat side down throughout. Once temp reached 74c I wrapped it in foil and poured half coke half cider vinegar mixed with remaining rub over the top inserting probe and double wrapped in foil. I left it on until I got an internal temp of 95c, and let it rest for hour. It was perfect not dry, cut like butter, total cooking time inc resting 7.5 hours. I didn’t brush as the butcher suggested because I wanted to keep lid shut and leave it, plus I had liquid in the bbq.
DippyToots
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Return to Low 'n' Slow (Smoking)