briquettes

A place to discuss low 'n' slow cooking, ask questions and share advice.

briquettes

Postby photostore » 03 May 2011, 16:51

anyone know if Supa grill briquettes are any good ? I also intend having a play with the minion method when my new smoker arrives in a couple of days, so are there any nasties from these particular briquettes ? on special at the moment of 2 X5kg for £8.00 at Dobbies.

Im also looking for a longer term supplier of quality briquettes throughout the year, these supagrill ones are readily available just now as its bbq season in all the major outlets but what and where to get a supply later on ?
Any help, much appreciated.
Andy
photostore
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: briquettes

Postby All Weather Griller » 03 May 2011, 17:30

The Supagrill Cocoshell Briquettes are the best, I use these most frequently. They burn Hot (Not as Hot as Heat Beads), but I think when you compare the availability to heat beads you may have a more readily available source of Supagrill.

I personally Minion with Bar-Be-Quick Restaurant Lump and tend to use Heat Beads to light it.

On the Briquette front my choice would be:

1. Heat Beads
2. Supagrill Cocoshell
3. Big K or Bar-Be-Quick Briquettes
4. Weber Briquettes
5. Supermarket Branded

There will be varying opinions on this order from others so I would wait for a few responses and draw your own conclusions. Ultimately it boils down to experience, with Supermarket branded bags its a raffle as to what you get. Seldom have I bought two bags in different stores the same.

Cheers

Adie
All Weather Griller

Return to Low 'n' Slow (Smoking)