BBQ Guru's

A place to discuss low 'n' slow cooking, ask questions and share advice.

Re: BBQ Guru's

Postby British BBQ Society » 10 Feb 2011, 18:48

DrSweetsmoke wrote:
All Weather Griller wrote:
I'm still looking for a caravan site that has most of the facilities that would be prepared to accommodate a bunch of BBQ'ers like ourselves.

That just gave me an idea!! I'll try and call a place this weekend and see what they say.

I have camped at this place and they have toilets and running water so that's a good start.We stay up all hours with no problem but I'm thinking it would have to go against the grain and NOT be on a bank holiday weekend as they are usually busy and other campers wouldn't be too happy about the noise.

Its great to see that you are going to host a comp Al!!!
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BBQ Guru's

Postby British BBQ Society » 10 Feb 2011, 23:03

DrSweetsmoke wrote:Admittedly I know nothing about hosting a competition or where to begin but if I can at least help by finding a place or two for consideration then it helps the society. I'm thinking or running the ideal through a sponsor from the area that Mandy has been working with to see what they are willing to do for the cause.

Alas that is the problem, it is not the venues that are a problem, it is people willing to take on the organisation and the financial burden. Anyway I suggest if there is more competition talk we should move this to the correct place in the competition section, feel free to post there.
Toby
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Low 'n' Slow (Smoking)