Feedback on Tom Hixson baby backs

A place to discuss low 'n' slow cooking, ask questions and share advice.

Feedback on Tom Hixson baby backs

Postby batvan » 28 Mar 2016, 20:05

I've asked mi local butcher who is great n will do mi everything I want apart from bb's and After trying cost co and sainsburys and even a butcher in bolton(who had the balls to charge £12.50 a rack!I n the worst of the 3 mentioned) I been looking at ordering from t Hixson n just wondering if anyone has feedback on them? To qualify for free postage I'd need a few racks so just looking for some assurance on if they worth the extra compared to sainsburys n cost co.
batvan
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Feedback on Tom Hixson baby backs

Postby Toby » 29 Mar 2016, 16:04

If you have the freezer space get a case of the freecarn baby backs from hixons they are great
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aris » 29 Mar 2016, 18:27

Toby wrote:If you have the freezer space get a case of the freecarn baby backs from hixons they are great

How much is the 10kg case? I don't see them on the website.
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby batvan » 29 Mar 2016, 19:38

Thanks for that Toby.might be a daft question but what's free carn? I'll defo be giving them a try I can't see a case only individual racks.
Ta
batvan
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby essexsmoker » 30 Mar 2016, 17:44

Makro do bbs, 4.95 a kilo. They are a bit scalped in some parts, but not bad. Just find the meaty ones.
essexsmoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Swindon_Ed » 30 Mar 2016, 21:27

batvan wrote:Thanks for that Toby.might be a daft question but what's free carn? I'll defo be giving them a try I can't see a case only individual racks.
Ta

Frecarn is the brand of frozen baby back ribs that Tom sells. Fribin is also another brand which is widely available and just as good.

Try talking to your local butcher as they should be able to order these from their wholesalers of call the hixons wholesale number if you are wanting to order them by the case.
Swindon_Ed

Postby batvan » 31 Mar 2016, 18:52

Swindon_Ed wrote:
batvan wrote:Thanks for that Toby.might be a daft question but what's free carn? I'll defo be giving them a try I can't see a case only individual racks.
Ta

Frecarn is the brand of frozen baby back ribs that Tom sells. Fribin is also another brand which is widely available and just as good.

Try talking to your local butcher as they should be able to order these from their wholesalers of call the hixons wholesale number if you are wanting to order them by the case.

Ta for that I'll keep an eye out for them. ive asked mi butcher but they can't do mi baby backs.theyve been brilliant with everything else I've asked for and sorted me with some superb meat. It's just I love me baby backs :) gonna clear some freezer space this weekend n try an order.
batvan
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby batvan » 31 Mar 2016, 18:58

essexsmoker wrote:Makro do bbs, 4.95 a kilo. They are a bit scalped in some parts, but not bad. Just find the meaty ones.

Ta, Mi dad has a card for makro in Salford but he says its rubbish recently. If he goes back again I'll ask him to pice me some up.
batvan
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Low 'n' Slow (Smoking)