Traeger at Riverside

A place to discuss low 'n' slow cooking, ask questions and share advice.

Traeger at Riverside

Postby gavinbbq » 20 Mar 2016, 23:21

Don't know if anyone has any experience over here with Traeger grills in the UK but Riverside have some grills for pre-order and was just wandering what everyone's thoughts on them are?
gavinbbq
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Traeger at Riverside

Postby BintanMan » 21 Mar 2016, 15:35

I went over to Riverside last week to enquire more about the Traegers. I was told they are due into the shop in late April. I'm hoping they have an event to launch them (although how you demo low n slow as an event I don't know).

On paper the Traegers look very good and a bit more sturdy than the GMG. They are obviously aimed at the same market. Slightly off topic but I called American BBQ about the GMGs and they said GMG no longer offer a 'non-WiFi' model, making them quite expensive at £699 for the DB. The Traeger equivalent is £100 cheaper.

I'll keep an eye on Riverside. I was a little disappointed they've gone totally Weber. Didn't they used to sell Big K charcoal and few other non-Weber bits a couple of years back?
BintanMan
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby essexsmoker » 21 Mar 2016, 18:37

I did a quick compare on the traeger and GMG DB and I think the grate was slightly bigger on the GMG. However, I begrudge pay another £130 quid for wifi I don't want.
essexsmoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby gavinbbq » 21 Mar 2016, 21:49

I've seen a lot of rave reviews on the traegers online and they look ace. I might just have to get one when they become available
gavinbbq
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby GingerBen » 22 Mar 2016, 09:45

have a look at the pellet heads forum for the most up to date reviews of Traegers and GMG's. It's a good resource for researching them as the user base in the UK is still very small
GingerBen
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Low 'n' Slow (Smoking)