Lil Devils review

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Lil Devils review

Postby ac30 » 15 Aug 2016, 07:04

Iv been reading bits and peaces on about these pellets and there smoke profile, here is what I think. Iv gone through 30kg of pellets since buying my TRAEGER with varying results on different meats. Something I have found is that the "stronger" the rub the less of a smoke profile you will get. Heavy spices just over power them.

The traeger is not known for imparting loads of smoke so I bought a 12" a-maze-n tube to supplement. It takes less than 1/2 kg of pellets and gives over 4 hours of smoke and really improves the smoke profile! Best £35 iv ever spent! I have also installed gasket on the barrel as I was getting some leaks. The TRAEGER is now leak free.

Anyhow, yesterday I went simple and did some beef long ribs with nothing more than salt and pepper on to start and the results where outstanding. Sat here this morning I still have a dry smoke mouth(iv not brushed my teeth yet).

At £9 a bag these pellets are great plus I can drive down the road to the uk supplier and pick them up. Think about how heavy you go with your rub or your smoke has some serious competing to do. Here are some picks.
ac30
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Lil Devils review

Postby essexsmoker » 15 Aug 2016, 12:26

Crikey, that is good value. Where do you get them from?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
essexsmoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby ac30 » 15 Aug 2016, 20:18

Liverpool wood pellets who are the uk distributer :)
ac30
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby essexsmoker » 16 Aug 2016, 12:09

Ok, ta, will have a nose.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
essexsmoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice