Maverick ET-73 wireless

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Maverick ET-73 wireless

Postby Eddie » 26 Jan 2011, 03:03

Could anyboby tell me if this product is any good, as I've seen one on the web, but would like advice before I buy.

Many Thanks

Eddie
Eddie
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Maverick ET-73 wireless

Postby All Weather Griller » 26 Jan 2011, 06:27

Morning Eddie,

I have four of them and found them to do what they say on the tin. The range was sometimes an issue and the robustness around powering on was a bit naff but overall I would have to say they were ok.

These have now been superseded by the ET732 which has addressed the points I mentioned above. Early reviews are good and I'm expecting mine this week.

This obviously means there is a large overstock of the older model. There are some bargains to be had, although for me, I would still go for the newer updated longer range model.

Cheers

a
Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby Steve » 26 Jan 2011, 08:51

I have to agree with Adie, a good product and widely used by people over here as well as in the US.

Probes can get knackered easily if you don't look after them, watch trapping them between stackers etc. But mine have been going strong for 2 years, just waiting for my 732 to arrive now :D
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Eddie » 26 Jan 2011, 11:12

Thanks for the advice, what I think I will do is buy the newer version, as in a couple of months I'll proberly do that anyway and I save money in the long run..

Eddie
Eddie
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby LM600 » 30 Jan 2011, 08:20

Any ideas where I can get an ET-732?

Tried a couple of US places and the first won't ship to the UK because the units aren't CE marked for use in Europe...the other didn't even bother replying!

I've also emailed Maverick asking for the frequency range just in case they use a frequency that's restricted here in the UK...I don't fancy getting one all set up ready for a long cook, sitting down with a beer and having the RAF target my Q because they consider it a hostile target!!!! :lol:
LM600

Postby All Weather Griller » 30 Jan 2011, 08:58

I Have just ordered 8 from 5-0 BBQ, I did plan to have three myself. However, if you want I will let you have one of mine.

They workout at £47.10 plus internal UK shipping. They should be here this week!

Alternatively speak to Steve at 5-0 BBQ http://www.5-0bbq.com/
All Weather Griller

Postby LM600 » 30 Jan 2011, 09:29

Cheers Adie, yeah, 5-0 were one of the companies I contacted.

That'd be great, but I can't do anything for the next month or so...so, please, if you get a sale for one of yours then don't hold it on my behalf!
I'll give you a shout in a month or so and see if you still have one you are willing to sell on.

Thanks Mate
LM600

Postby All Weather Griller » 30 Jan 2011, 20:03

I have let that one go, so I'm out of them now. But I will be ordering another 6 this week, if you want me to put your name on one, let me know.

Cheers

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby LM600 » 31 Jan 2011, 22:37

OK Mate, no worries.

Thanks for the offer, I won't say "yes" just now as I don't want to muck you about!
LM600

Postby Eddie » 01 Feb 2011, 12:09

Just tried to order off 5-0 BBQ, could not confirm as they did'nt reconse phone number, Sate and post code. how can I get roung this ?

Regards

Eddie
Eddie
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Next

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice