Weber Go Anywhere Carry Bag/Portability

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Weber Go Anywhere Carry Bag/Portability

Postby Vini » 13 Aug 2015, 20:09

Hey all,

I've got a Weber Go Anywhere heading my way, we've started to have a few more picnics than we used to and I really like the idea behind the Go Anywhere.

I understand this has pretty much been replaced by the Smokey Joe over here in the UK, but I didn't quite fancy the SJ.

Anyway, the only pro I had for the SJ, was the fact there is a carry bag available for it...

Does anyone know if the SJ bag will be suitable for the GA, and/or does anyone know of a decent carry bag that I could get for the GA?

I'm just looking for something that can handle the cooling temperatures of the left over coals, I'm not expecting to be able to pack up within 5 minutes of serving up.

Anyone know of anything?

Cheers,
James
Vini
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Weber Go Anywhere Carry Bag/Portability

Postby JBBQ » 14 Aug 2015, 07:57

SJ bag is circular, fitted for the BBQ
JBBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Vini » 14 Aug 2015, 19:55

I figured, I just wondered if it was big enough to take the GA.

I spent an hour looking around last night and not sure anything exists. Might have to get out the tools and use some of my non existent DIY skills.
Vini
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby Mj2k » 14 Aug 2015, 20:26

JBBQ wrote:SJ bag is circular, fitted for the BBQ

Yup, and rubbish....great for carrying it somewhere, as long as you want to stay there after cooking until it is cold again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Mj2k
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Vini » 16 Aug 2015, 11:36

I was speaking to a GA user yesterday who said a bag probably wouldnt be sufficient. Not that one seems to exist anyway.

So with that in mind, how/what might be best suited for transporting the GA back home after a picnic? Im trying to avoid scorching/setting alight the boot carpet/rubber boot mat in the car.
Vini
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby Teknik » 16 Aug 2015, 12:11

Might be worth getting yourself one of those blowtorch shields that plumbers use to protect your wall.
If it can handle a blowtorch it can handle charcoal!
One thing i would be wary of is if its not out properly you might get carbon monoxide build up in the car, need to have the windows open!
Generally transporting live fire isnt a good idea though, i would just get rid of the charcoal while you are still out and bring home an empty barbecue!
Teknik
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Tiny » 17 Aug 2015, 08:07

Hi,
My thoughts were similar, a couple of pints of cold water after safely removing the remaining coals. Wouldn't try transporting anything still alight because of the risk of deflagration and carbon monoxide related fatality both of which take the shine off even the bestest BBQ's
Cheers
Tiny
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Mj2k » 17 Aug 2015, 19:40

Deflagration, learnt a new word today Tiny, thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Mj2k
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice