New To Gas BBQs

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

New To Gas BBQs

Postby OUTBACKMAN » 15 Jul 2015, 11:43

I have got a pre-owned mint condition Excelsior 6 Burner brand name Outback is this a good brand name ?. My mate
is looking at the broil-master® BBQG04EUsilver Professional Stainless Steel 6 Burner Gas Wagon Barbecue with Side Burner 6+1 Silver is the Broil-Master a good brand name .
OUTBACKMAN
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: New To Gas BBQs

Postby Kiska95 » 17 Jul 2015, 14:11

Just my opinion but had a Gas BBQ when I was living abroad, just for ease of use, quick to use, didn't like them, its not really BBQing is it?.

Nothing is better than cooking food over coal and or wood. Keep the gas for a quick steak or warming stuff up and come over to the dark side :D
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby OUTBACKMAN » 17 Jul 2015, 15:01

Kiska95 wrote:Just my opinion but had a Gas BBQ when I was living abroad, just for ease of use, quick to use, didn't like them, its not really BBQing is it?.

Nothing is better than cooking food over coal and or wood. Keep the gas for a quick steak or warming stuff up and come over to the dark side :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the useful information to my original post .
OUTBACKMAN
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby OUTBACKMAN » 18 Jul 2015, 16:15

Like I said in original post new to gas BBQ-ing after a long lay-off and then it was fuelled by lump wood .
Thought I would try to get information from people that know about the world of BBQs.
OUTBACKMAN
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Tiny » 19 Jul 2015, 09:18

Outbackman,
I think your lack of replies may be due to the fact that most here are not running gas BBQs. I can only comment that I have had 2 outback 3 burners to augment my collection and found them most reliable. The Weber range is highly regarded but are very pricey. Of the 2 brands you mention I have only heard of the latter but no strong opinions one way or the other.

Apologies cant be of more help,
Cheers
Tiny
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby OUTBACKMAN » 19 Jul 2015, 10:32

Tiny wrote:Outbackman,
I think your lack of replies may be due to the fact that most here are not running gas BBQs. I can only comment that I have had 2 outback 3 burners to augment my collection and found them most reliable. The Weber range is highly regarded but are very pricey. Of the 2 brands you mention I have only heard of the latter but no strong opinions one way or the other.

Apologies cant be of more help,
Cheers
Tiny

============================================================================
Thank you Tiny for your reply and the information.
OUTBACKMAN
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice