Broken Regulator

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Broken Regulator

Postby bsnalex » 15 Jun 2015, 13:08

Didn't get much help over on the Hot n Fast section, so hopefully someone can help here...

I went to turn my gas grill on last night, and when i went to ignite, I noticed there was no gas coming through the burners. I checked the connections and could not hear or smell any gas coming from the rubber line-- and if I had, some would still be making its way through to the burners. I removed the regulator, rotated the switch a couple times popped it back on and still nothing.

Then when I removed the regulator again I noticed there was a rattling inside the regulator. Anyone know what this could be? If I could assume, it would have been part of the spring system that forces the gas can open...
bsnalex
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Broken Regulator

Postby Tiny » 15 Jun 2015, 16:46

Old Chap,
There are never many if any replies to Gas equipment queries, there is always a retiscence to suggest "oh tape it up you will be fine" only to read in the news section you have energetically disassembled owing to explosionization.

So hearing your story disconnect the regulator, cut it off the tube using an sharp implement of your choosing and nip along to your local vband Q purchase one of the same type and an jubilee clip, re-attach.

Know it sounds overly simple but it was the approach I took when mine started to make an high pitched humming noise......

Stay safe,
Tiny
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby bsnalex » 16 Jun 2015, 08:34

cut it off the tube using an sharp implement of your choosing

Wouldn't it be simpler (and saving what short amount of rubber hosing I have) to simply loosen the J-clip that's attaching the current one?
bsnalex
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Tiny » 16 Jun 2015, 17:28

Indeed it would old chap,
Sadly you have me at an disadvantage, my screen reader tells me there is an photo but as I am blind cant see it so didn't know there was an j clip, so yes fundamentally the same, replace the regulator as an complete unit
Cheers
Tiny
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice