Connecting gas to my new grill - HELP

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Connecting gas to my new grill - HELP

Postby cdkcdk » 28 May 2015, 11:55

Hi all, I've just bought my first ever grill, made by Fire Plus (who I can't find any contact details or website for).
I've assembled it all, but I don't know how to connect the propane gas. I have the regulator connected to the propane bottle, but am not sure how to connect the other end of the grill.

So, part that I need to connect my tube to is a black plastic shaft, about the length of a pen and about twice as thick. It has a removable black cap on the end. I'm under the impression that I'll need to fit the regulator tube around this, then secure with a jubilee clip. I'm reluctant to try though because I dont want to be unsafe.

Is anyone familiar with this brand, or from my description would you be able to work out if I'm right, or if not, give me some advice on how to connect the tube? I realise it's difficult to answer going only on what I've typed, so if needed I can take a photo tonight to make it clearer.

Thanks in advance,
Craig
cdkcdk
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Connecting gas to my new grill - HELP

Postby cdkcdk » 29 May 2015, 06:57

Hi again,
I have attached a link to a picture of the where I need to attach the tube. Would appreciate any input anyone can offer.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-x ... e=5605758F

Thanks
cdkcdk
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby JBBQ » 29 May 2015, 08:40

Shove the hose on the end with an appropriately sized hose clip, tighten, done
JBBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby aris » 29 May 2015, 08:45

I'm assuming you have some gas hose pipe?

Looks like this:

You use a jubilee clip to secure each end - one on the regulator, and another on the fitting you posted a picture of.
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby cdkcdk » 29 May 2015, 09:03

Yes, I have a regulator already attached to the pipe at one end, so I just need to attach the other end to the bbq. I bought a regulator clip in the hope that that was what I needed, so I'll connect it tonight!

Thanks for all the answers and help guys!
cdkcdk
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice