Big K Best Grade Restaurant Charcoal

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Big K Best Grade Restaurant Charcoal

Postby electricboogaloo » 03 May 2015, 21:00

Evening all.

Yes, yet another charcoal debate, but I have not managed to find this one covered on here yet.

I see lots of votes for ACH15, Blue Bag, LWP, etc, but has anyone used the Big K 15KG Boxed 'Best Grade Restaurant'?

I ask as Ocado are selling it for £20 a box at the moment, and that seems a fair price.

I'm trying to get me hands on some of this stuff to try too, and I'll let you know how I get on. http://www.dorsetcharcoal.co.uk/restaur ... rcoal.html

Cheers

Adam
electricboogaloo
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Big K Best Grade Restaurant Charcoal

Postby slemps » 11 May 2015, 10:57

Hi Adam,

I use Big K restaurant charcoal in a 15kg bag and have been very happy with it.

Nice large pieces and burns hot and clean.

Not seen the boxed stuff though.

S.
slemps
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Dduffs71 » 11 May 2015, 19:58

I have also been using the Big K large restaurant quality bags, I've probably ordered 3 bags previously and been pleased with the size of the charcoal etc. however the bag I am using at the moment is really disappointing, loads and I mean loads of the charcoal is so small it's just falling through the grate.....not a happy bunny.... :cry:
Dduffs71
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby slemps » 12 May 2015, 07:35

I have had one like that too. I blame the handling of it so I'd be tempted to take it back to where you bought it.

You're paying more for the grading so if it gets broken up it transit you're getting a bad deal.

S.
slemps
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice