Weber Master worth the extra ?

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Weber Master worth the extra ?

Postby jimbom » 28 Apr 2015, 08:19

Hi guys

after years of struggling with small cheap BBQs I've finally seen the light and am going to get something more sensible. Was about to press the button for a Weber premium at £165 but noticed they now do a Mastertouch version as well for £195. As it's only £30 extra I was going to splash the cash just so that I have the lastest all singing and dancing model (even though I'll probably never use the removable middle!) but before I do is there any reason not to get it ?
Only downside I could see was that the hinged sections were slightly smaller so does this cause any problems with topping up the coals ?

Also the prices quoted were the best I could find, if you know anywhere cheaper please feel free to shout :D

Thanks
jimbom
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Weber Master worth the extra ?

Postby Burnt2acrisp » 28 Apr 2015, 19:37

Hi there.

I own one of each and to be honest, IMO there's very little between them. That said, the Grate in the Master is a bit more chunky than the standard one touch and it does have that removable centre, which is great for beer can chicken etc as you can fit the roaster into it and it gives a bit more height under the lid, allowing for a bigger chicken. :D

I also find the lid holder quite useful at times. All in all, for the extra few quid,if it were me I'd go for the Master but I'm sure you'd find either are superb. Price was I haven't seen one cheaper than 195 for a while.

Good luck with your purchase

Cheers

Paul.
Burnt2acrisp
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby PDC7 » 29 Apr 2015, 11:58

I bought the One Touch last year and have since bought (suppose could call upgraded to) the gourmet system grill (removable centre and hinged sides) and a tuck a-side lid holder all in bringing the total I paid including the one touch to more than £200 so yes get the extra, I wish I had it in the first place
PDC7
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby jimbom » 29 Apr 2015, 12:26

Thanks guys, Master Touch ordered today, should be here tomorrow so I guarantee the rain will follow shortly after!
jimbom
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice