maverick Battery usage

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Re: maverick Battery usage

Postby Kiska95 » 19 May 2015, 15:09

Hi

I understand now its just the terminology that may be throwing you.

The "search mode" on the receiver is not a transmitted signal its the unit just keeping it self awake on standby if you like in the hope that it will receive a signal and is constantly looking for its pair. But this can only happens if the receiver is not shut down properly which understandable really. Solution is to shut it down as per the instructions.
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Re: maverick Battery usage

Postby slatts » 23 May 2015, 14:10

hi

Ive never really taken any notice of which I turn off first, my batteries are still the original ones and I must of turned them off differently for 2 years.
Have to check them now as the last bbq I did was for my 40th and it got a bit messy lol the maverick was on all night and day for the cook and left on until the next morning when I managed to crawl downstairs. They was on for a good 36hours but I might change them now, 2 years and a long hit like that, my worry is that the batteries die over night and my pit drops to low.

They are definitely a decent bit of kit and have done me well.
Slatts
slatts
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Previous

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice