Maverick ET-73 remote thermometers

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Maverick ET-73 remote thermometers

Postby Swindon_Ed » 31 Oct 2010, 13:57

Hi All,

I'm using my Maverick for the first time today and i've got one question about the setup of this device.

Can you shorten the update time from the remote to the receiver. i'm just worried that the temp's could run away from me if i'm trying to cook at hotter temp's (275f)
Swindon_Ed

Re: Maverick ET-73 remote thermometers

Postby SunofTzu » 02 Nov 2010, 15:08

Having had a look at my Maverick, I don't think there is an option to change the update interval. It does seem to update a few times a minute (tends to be dependent on how close it is to the transmitter and presumably the wireless connectivity it's achieving). You could set the alarm to be close to your required temperature so if it starts to run away it doesn't get too hot before you realise.
SunofTzu
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Swindon_Ed » 02 Nov 2010, 19:25

I think i was being a bit impatient with it.

Once everything steeled down it was working great, couldn't imagine going back to cooking without one.

Thanks,

Ed
Swindon_Ed

Postby All Weather Griller » 02 Nov 2010, 20:53

As sad as this seems, I have been sat watching mine and they seem to only update when the remote sender goes up or down. I noted that the wireless symbol comes on when it changes or every minute or so whichever is the sooner. That said I have noted on cooks that the remote does lag behind.

I am not sure which is the newest set though. I now have 5 ET-73 and one brand new one still boxed. The 5 I have opened are all mixed and I just pick a sender and a receiver from the top of my remote box. They're not forced to be working on the same firmware. I just don't know enough about em, they seem to do the job though.
All Weather Griller

Postby esselle » 03 Nov 2010, 13:23

Updated models apparently due to come out anytime soon with extended range 300m (apparently). Also apparently approx $70. Also will work no matter what obstructions in their way (apparently).
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Swindon_Ed » 03 Nov 2010, 20:38

I've also got another question about using a ET-73 or more about using two ET-73's with a ProQ Excel.

I can't see how i can get both probes through the thermometer hole so should i put one through the hole and then feed the other though the door in the stacker?

How do other people do this?
Swindon_Ed

Postby All Weather Griller » 03 Nov 2010, 21:47

Hi Ed,

You simply can't fit two through the probe hole, the best we I found was as you described.

I have used the BBQ Guru eyelets on my WSM which allows me to feed one probe at a time through the same eyelet. There is sufficient space with a cable already in the hole to fit the second through.

The door is fine, just be sure that you don't create too much of a gap in the door.

Cheers

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby Swindon_Ed » 03 Nov 2010, 22:42

Is there anyone who sell's BBQ Guru in the UK or will i have to get them to ship from the US?
Swindon_Ed

Postby mcdodge » 09 Jan 2011, 18:06

All Weather Griller wrote:I am not sure which is the newest set though. I now have 5 ET-73 and one brand new one still boxed. The 5 I have opened are all mixed and I just pick a sender and a receiver from the top of my remote box. They're not forced to be working on the same firmware. I just don't know enough about em, they seem to do the job though.

This may seem out of the blue, but any chance you don't want/need the Maverick you still have in the box? I'd like to get hold of one as my crappy thermometer has died.

Let me know if you want to sell it...
mcdodge
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby All Weather Griller » 09 Jan 2011, 18:27

I opened it last weekend I'm afraid as my box of usual therms is over at a mates in Sheffield.

I think if you google around now, you should find loads of the ET73 online cheap as its been supersceded by the new longer range, updates ET732 (http://www.bbqequipmentstore.com/NEW-Ma ... ET-732.htm).

I hear most people are clearing their stocks of the ET73 as they are old news. (I'll be ordering an ET732 in a week or so)

Your welcome to buy mine from me if you like, I would hate for you to feel duped though.

Cheers

Adie
All Weather Griller

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice