Injection marinades

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Injection marinades

Postby Swindon_Ed » 30 Oct 2010, 18:26

A quick question which if someone could advise this would be a great help.

With injection marinades, should i inject before i cover my meat with rub or do it after wards and then maybe add more rub to those areas?

Thanks,

Ed
Swindon_Ed

Re: Injection marinades

Postby British BBQ Society » 30 Oct 2010, 19:54

HI Ed, when I inject I tend to rub first then inject, you need to really work the rub into the meat, if you inject first you will squeeze the injection out when rubbing.
Great meeting you today, best of luck with the Q.
Toby
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MadCow » 31 Oct 2010, 10:45

Just goes to show how different we all do things ... I always inject first, leave it for a few hours and then rub ... I find that when the injection leaks out it takes off some of the rub ...

I guess it's like the age old question ... which came first, the chicken or the egg !!! :lol:
MadCow

Postby Swindon_Ed » 31 Oct 2010, 13:53

Looks like i've stumbeled on another one of contentious BBQ debates :lol:

I'm cooking pork butts today already got them on and took Toby's advice this time but i'm keen to hear everyone's thoughts on this as i'm up for trying all methods to see what i think works best for me before c the first comp' in May.
Swindon_Ed

Postby Mike_P_in_Tucson » 01 Nov 2010, 18:00

When I do a pork butt or a brisket, I rub the day before, then inject just before putting the meat on the smoker.
Mike_P_in_Tucson

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice