dial thermometer????

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

dial thermometer????

Postby BBQ design » 14 Mar 2015, 11:26

ive been designing myself a reverse flow smoker offset smoker at work after realising anything decent would cost way to much and i would be able to build one to a much higher standard anyway. so now comes the fun part. making it.
one of the main things i have come up against is finding a decent dial thermometer. ive had a look and alot of the yanks recommend a tru tell dial thermometer. only problem is i cant actually find any where that will ship them to the uk. so what are you guys using? any recommendations, any to steer well clear off? or dose anyone know where i can find a place that sells the tru tell ones?

I tried to attach a image of my build but it wont let me for some reason??
BBQ design
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: dial thermometer????

Postby YetiDave » 17 Mar 2015, 15:28

I have a River Country thermometer in my UDS which I picked up from eBay. Tested against my Maverick it's accurate enough. I'd trust it enough to cook without a probe thermometer
YetiDave
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby batvan » 25 Mar 2015, 06:22

Can anyone recommend somewhere in the Uk that have any good dial thermometers in stock?
batvan
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby JEC » 27 Mar 2015, 18:53

If you are looking for a genuine Tel Tru gauge BGE UK sell them, not cheap but good quality

http://shop.biggreenegg.co.uk/product/tel-true-thermometer-dome-gauge
JEC

Postby batvan » 28 Mar 2015, 05:57

Thanks!
batvan
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice