BBQ books. What are the best ones?

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

BBQ books. What are the best ones?

Postby Flecam » 20 Jan 2015, 19:55

Hi all.

New member on here, and would like to know what books fellow BBQ heads consider the best? I'm looking to learn about proper BBQ cooking. I've seen the Weber cook book on sale at the moment, but it mostly seems to be based on grilling, not proper BBQ.

Cheers

Fle
Flecam
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: BBQ books. What are the best ones?

Postby Swindon_Ed » 22 Jan 2015, 20:26

My favourite bbq books are:

wicked good bbq

BBQ 25
Swindon_Ed

Postby Thunderbird30 » 23 Jan 2015, 16:21

I guess it all comes down to books about bbq or recipes that you can do on the bbq,but most books seem to be a mixture of the two.
If it's about bbqing then I would choose this one:

The Ultimate guide to Grilling by Rick Browne,but the real jewel in the crown would be The Dummies Guide To Grilling.It covers basically everything that you would need to know,without getting too technical.

If it's recipes that you're after then this one is pretty hard to beat:
Fire It Up - 400 Recipes for Grilling Everything by Andrew Schloss & David Joachim

Hope this helps!

Happy Cooking,
Thunderbird30
Thunderbird30
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Nodding scooby » 24 Jan 2015, 14:42

seem to use pitt cue book alot
Nodding scooby
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby slatts » 24 Jan 2015, 16:46

I have a couple of books but never seem to use them, i usually go to this forum or youtube for any ideas.

My dry rub was from a google search that ive tweaked a bit and the Dr Pepper bbq sauce i sometimes make was found on Pinterest by my wife.

There is so much info out there on the internet, this forum, Google searches, amazing ribs an any others i cant think of.

The bbq pit boys are also quite good but a lot of american products, I'm sure you can find the English versions though

Slatts
slatts
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Flecam » 24 Jan 2015, 19:19

Cheers all for the recommendations.

I've got the pit cue book, and it's mouthwatering. Was looking for a book for slow and low sort of cooking rather than grilling.

As some have said, the tinterweb has got to be the best source of information and recipes, but I do like a good cookery book to read and inspire.

I'll have a look around and see whats out there, will let you know what I added to my collection.

A great book Ive got that covers all sort of curing, smoking drying etc is a book called 'CURED' by Lindy Wildsmith. Great book. It has a good section on Real BBQ , south Carolina style and a good recipe for pulled pork.

Highly recommended this book, I've done many of the recipes and has helped me into the world of meat curing. The bacon is awesome.

Fle
Flecam
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby JBBQ » 27 Jan 2015, 17:25

I have Slow Fire and Pitt Cue but I use the forum and amazingribs.com and end up making a nice combination from the advice and recipes.

ALWAYS write down what you cook, brine, rub, weights, woods, timing, weather, temperatures, sources of meat so that you can continue to improve
JBBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice