Good Northampton Butcher?

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Re: Good Northampton Butcher?

Postby SunofTzu » 14 May 2011, 09:02

Nice one :)
SunofTzu
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby SunofTzu » 14 May 2011, 10:51

Couldn't resist so I popped over to the one in Kislingbury and also had a chat with Richard. None of the cuts are a problem, I did show them the picture from the book Steve recommended in another thread (Basic Butchering of Livestock & Game) to show them a Boston Butt and they told me that was a Spare RIb (it did prompt the question well what do you call spare ribs then :lol: which I was informed was an American term, I think they called spare ribs something like pork belly bones). Anyhow, brisket and butt probably need a few days notice (Tues if you need it for the weekend) especially if you want the butt to be bone in.
SunofTzu
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby edusites » 14 May 2011, 10:58

Awesome. Bodes well!
edusites
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby SunofTzu » 31 May 2011, 09:01

Found another who is prepared to give the BBQ cuts a go...as with the Kinslingbury one needs notice at the beginning of the week as they get their deliveries on Tuesdays & Fridays. Will do Boston butt (still need to show him a diagram to make sure as both butchers so far have referred to this as spare rib), brisket, pork ribs & beef ribs. Again most of the meat seems to be sourced from their own farm.

http://www.beckworthemporium.com/food-hall/butcher
SunofTzu
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby edusites » 31 May 2011, 09:16

Excellent. I know the place and have received good reports from friends who until recently lived nearby in Mears Ashby. I will use Elliotts as I have done for years and they are closer. Good to have options! :)
edusites
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Previous

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice