First smoke going on tonight...

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Re: First smoke going on tonight...

Postby robbo1982 » 06 Sep 2014, 18:17

Nice... Hadn't even thought about tandoor style!
robbo1982
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Tyrone1Wils » 06 Sep 2014, 18:40

Rockape wrote:The ribs look lush ! Any left ?! I cant get ribs like that where i live. Just Costco ones

I am about to stoke up my charcoal tandoor for some tandoori chicken and naan , plus an Indian spiced lamb leg on the Q.
With a couple of ales of course

Any chance of some pics of your tandoor? Im interested in making one. Love tandoori chicken and naan.
Tyrone1Wils
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Nodding scooby » 06 Sep 2014, 20:13

Rockape wrote:The ribs look lush ! Any left ?! I cant get ribs like that where i live. Just Costco ones

I am about to stoke up my charcoal tandoor for some tandoori chicken and naan , plus an Indian spiced lamb leg on the Q.
With a couple of ales of course

Hi Rockape, what charcoal you using on the tandoor? had one for a few years now but learning alot about different standards in charcoal since getting wsm.
Nodding scooby
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Rockape » 07 Sep 2014, 10:31

Hello all ,

I tried to upolad pics of the tandoor but it says " Board quota limit exceeded" or something like that.

I can tell you though i bought it from Tandoori Q (am i allowed to say that on here ? ) it comes up in a google search anyway. Theres an offer on at the moment for £225 , its been on there for the last six months !! Theres a few vids of the thing in action. It works really well.

It comes with 10 skewers , and a hook and scraper for the naan breads. It takes a bit of getting used to . The chicken only breast only takes 8 mins as the heat transfers through the skewers and cooks from the inside as well.

The trick is to put it in just as the flames die down on the coals. I have a infra red thermometer and it reads over 550c on the wall of the tandoor. I have been a cheapskate and used BBquick briquettes last night and the heat died very quick so i think its best to get decent briquettes . It says dont use charcoal. I saw some Heatbeads on here advertised. £46 for 4 x 10 kilo bags delivered. I will try them next time , been using Weber and there pretty good.

Any q's ill try and answer them
Rockape
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Rockape » 07 Sep 2014, 10:33

My mistake. The heatbeads are £46 for 4 x 7kg bags , not 10kg
Rockape
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby somapop » 07 Sep 2014, 11:08

Wowsers...want!!!

Love to see your pics if you suss it out :)
somapop
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Nodding scooby » 07 Sep 2014, 16:27

just ordered some heat beads today as dont think normal briquettes do the job too good. Got a tandoori q aswell, good bit of kit, only wish i had bought the next size up.
Nodding scooby
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Rockape » 07 Sep 2014, 17:07

Yes its a bit small.

There are some larger one on puritandoors.co.uk. The thing is they are so heavy when theyre bigger
Rockape
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Previous

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice