Butchers List ?

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Re: Butchers List ?

Postby Verminskti » 22 Aug 2014, 07:14

How would I add butchers from reading and the area? (Tilehurst village butchers and Quintessential Meats in Warfield)
Verminskti
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby stretchie_ » 22 Aug 2014, 08:41

Fantastic idea, I've just added Minsterworth butchers just South West of Gloucester city.

Verminskti wrote:How would I add butchers from reading and the area? (Tilehurst village butchers and Quintessential Meats in Warfield)

You need to be logged in to Google (So have a Google account, if you have an android device and can downloaf apps from the play store then you have a Google account might be an @gmail.com or @Googlemail.com e-mail address).

Once logged in you will see tools at the top. Click the teardrop looking one (Drop Marker), then click on the map where you wish to add, it will ask you for a title and a description
stretchie_
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby gingerchris » 22 Aug 2014, 09:51

You should also be able to search for the place in the search box at the top (might need an address rather than just shop name). Then when it drops the pin you can click on that pin and click "add to map". Then you can click again on the pin and edit the details.

Also I've created this slightly easier to remember short link - http://bit.ly/bbbqsbutchers
gingerchris
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Reefshark » 24 Aug 2014, 12:28

Great idea. I have added Graham Turner, Pyford, Surrey.
Reefshark
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby robbo1982 » 24 Aug 2014, 15:29

Not really a butcher but I can recommend warren barn beef in Woldingham. Long horn grass fed AWESOME! Very reasonable prices buying direct from the farmer. What's not to love. Very good prices on cheaper cuts and they have just started selling onglet!
robbo1982
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby BRUN » 25 Aug 2014, 15:09

added the 3 places ive used so far, I think my favourite is The Tasty Meat Company in St Helens, he has loads of burgers and sausage in stock etc, and anything special he can get in for you, the brisket he got me last week turned out amazing, I specifically asked him for one with some fat on it as most butchers trim it all off and it can turn out dry, the one he got me was perfect, exactly what I asked for, ill be using him from now on I think for all my BBQ meat
BRUN
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby gingerchris » 26 Aug 2014, 15:12

robbo1982 wrote:Not really a butcher but I can recommend warren barn beef in Woldingham. Long horn grass fed AWESOME! Very reasonable prices buying direct from the farmer.

I reckon that's exactly the kind of thing that should be on the map - the kind of thing that you'd probably never find unless someone told you about it
gingerchris
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby robbo1982 » 26 Aug 2014, 15:20

Then here is the address: churchfarmservices.co.uk

The lady is Barbara and is a pleasure to deal with. Tell her Adam sent you! I might even get a brisket for the free advertising! ;-)
robbo1982
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Stu_C » 01 Sep 2014, 12:43

Verminskti wrote:How would I add butchers from reading and the area? (Tilehurst village butchers and Quintessential Meats in Warfield)

I've added them in for you :)
Stu_C
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby dawg » 26 Oct 2014, 10:12

Ive added two, only one local to me, Cook & Butcher Thatcham, Pete is the owner, he works from the carcass so he can cut anything, anyhow including full briskets, very accommodating and a nice chap.

The other is by my parents in the north east, Bolams of Sedgefield, this place is amazing although ive only ever bought whats on the shelves its like a supermarket, fresh Deli, fresh fish, veg, bakery, restaurant and more meat than you have probably ever seen in your life. The prices here are amazing too, ive got huge pork shoulder joints in my freezer that were under £2.50 Kg, Bone in sirloin Joints were under £10 Kg! I had one 2.5Kg, cut it in 2 and they were the best steaks we have ever had. The pork was boneless but still tastes gorgeous cooked on the Joe. Only problem is its so busy on a Saturday morning and the car park isnt big enough for the hundreds of cars! Never bothered to ask them if they will do one off cuts, im like a kid in a candy shop when i visit!
dawg
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

PreviousNext

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice