Total n00b needs help!

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Re: Total n00b needs help!

Postby Scantily » 25 Jul 2014, 15:56

Batten85 wrote:Great news!

The first cook went well, the ribeye were succulent and juicy, as was the chicken. However, I did overcooked them SLIGHTLY. Steaks weren't pink as I would like.

As for the fuel, I used a full chimney. By the time it had heated up, it had reduced by at least a quarter, when I poured it onto the grill, a lot of it fell through. There was JUST enough coverage to heat the small amount of meat I was cooking. All in all, not impressed with it. Think briquettes will be better but I'm wary of buying crap ones with additives etc, any recommendations for decent fuel?

Also need to figure out a way of cooling the grill down and removing potentially hot fuel. Currently it has to reside in my garage, which is under my house and requires me to carry it through the hall. Obviously down want to leave my new pride and joy outside! I have bought a steel bucket in readiness

It's a BBQ, they're designed to live outside and you have the security of the weber warranty if any rust should appear. Just leave it outside until it's cooled down, I wouldn't want to be messing around trying to remove hot coals from a hot bbq.
Scantily
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Previous

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice