Help in purchase

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Help in purchase

Postby skansa » 12 Sep 2010, 14:57

Gents and Ladies i am veteran at direct cooking but now feel i need to expand my cooking skills to indirect cooking after more recently buying a tandoor which i am a little bored off :(

i have been doing a large amount of research and am stuck between offset horizontal and the vertical types.

on my list are the char griller outlaw with off set box or WSM or ProQ Pro 20.

as much as i would love to get all of them i think the boss would crucify me!

i need to replace my horizontal standard outlaw bbq so was thinking that the char griller could kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

from scanning the site i see no mention of the char griller models which look good to a newbie like me. anyone have any thoughts on whether to bother with the Char Griller>?

i intend to get the remote probes along with any purchase as well as a stock of boston butt to cook :P

thanks
Sunil
skansa
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Help in purchase

Postby skansa » 12 Sep 2010, 15:28

skansa
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby skansa » 12 Sep 2010, 17:30

this forum just makes me want to eat!! god i love food :P

so stick with a proq plus get a barrel or another kettle. anyone got a recommendation on the conventional barrel or kettle bbq non smoker type. i have some booker old one that has lasted really well.
skansa
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby Steve » 12 Sep 2010, 17:59

For a kettle BBQ you can't go wrong with a run of the mill Weber Kettle. If looked after a Weber will last for years.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MadCow » 24 Sep 2010, 15:16

Of course, if you can afford it, there is always a Traeger Pellet BBQ too !!! :D
MadCow

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice