Please Help

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Please Help

Postby AustinB1980 » 16 May 2014, 13:49

Hi

I recently purchased the below

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/store ... tId=556086

+ Propane Gas

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk ... 0kg-115611

Argos customer support is pretty useless and the manual for the barbecue does not explain anything about the fitting of the regulator (or regulator type) to the gas bottle and i am struggling to get the two to connect. It does seem like they should as the regulator looks like a standard 27mm clip on but when i push the lever in it to give a bit more give it still seems like there is not enough give to get the regulator onto the bottle this is my first time with gas so am worried of pushing too hard. The gaslight leaflet says that a 634PR or SRG Type 547 regulator should be used but i would have thought that these are standard regulator connectors? Gaslight Instructions are to make sure the lever is off at a 3 o'clock position but it seems like off on my regulator is at 12 o'clock so very confused!

If anybody could give me some advice/help would really appreciate it

Thanks

Austin
AustinB1980
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Please Help

Postby mark70 » 16 May 2014, 20:15

Post up a picture of the regulator. I have used gaslight but have just swapped to calor as I get it cheap. I will have a look at my regulator in the morning and report back. There is a nack to getting the regulator fitted but once you have done in once it's easy. It does take quite a bit of force

Mark
mark70
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Please Help

Postby mark70 » 17 May 2014, 13:25

Austin

Pretty sure you will have the right regulator. If the leaver is at 12 o clock move it to 3 o clock. Push the regulator down on the gas cylinder whilst pushing the leaver in. It will take some pressure

Release the leaver and it should stay on. If not start again and push harder. You will feel it move down

Once secure move the leaver from 3 to 12 anticlockwise. Gas cannot escape until this leaver is moved so don't worry about using a bit of force to get the regulator to engage

As said before a bit of a nack. Once you have done it once it's easy next time

Good luck on your bbq and post some pictures
mark70
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice