Traegar Pellets - where from?

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Traegar Pellets - where from?

Postby Banjo » 29 Jul 2010, 10:25

I've had a look about on t'interweb and other than American BBQ, I can't find a supplier of wood pellets for a Traegar. Is this correct?

Also, how many hours smoking time do you get out of a bag?

Thanks
Banjo
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Traegar Pellets - where from?

Postby British BBQ Society » 29 Jul 2010, 15:44

Hi Frank,

If you are looking for Traeger pellets best stick to http://www.americanbbq.co.uk if you purchased them elsewhere they will have passed through Jackies hands first. Cooking time really depends of temp but 1 bag will smoke for approx 14 hours or grill fast for about 7.

Regards

Toby
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby All Weather Griller » 29 Jul 2010, 17:17

Toby, am I right in recalling a cheap non traeger bag you had we're very soft and crumbly? I definately remember you giving me half a bag of pellet dust to throw on my coals.
All Weather Griller

Postby MadCow » 30 Jul 2010, 22:07

I stock Cookshack Pellets these days, they are better quality than the Traeger ones. I also will have some UK produced pellets in stock again soon, usually Oak, but Apple is also in the pipeline as are any other suitable native woods that I can find ... these are cheaper than the Cookshack as I don't have to pay the horrendous shipping charges from the USA.

Pellets are used at a rate of approx 1lb pellets per hour ... each US bag contains 20lbs and the UK bags 10kg.

I have been selling this stuff for the past 7 years and am not planning on stopping, so if your concern is that I will go out of business and stop supplying, it ain't gonna happen ... but if it ever does, I will ensure that all my customers are left with a new supplier.
MadCow

Postby Banjo » 31 Jul 2010, 10:43

MadCow wrote:I stock Cookshack Pellets these days, they are better quality than the Traeger ones. I also will have some UK produced pellets in stock again soon, usually Oak, but Apple is also in the pipeline as are any other suitable native woods that I can find ... these are cheaper than the Cookshack as I don't have to pay the horrendous shipping charges from the USA.

Pellets are used at a rate of approx 1lb pellets per hour ... each US bag contains 20lbs and the UK bags 10kg.

I have been selling this stuff for the past 7 years and am not planning on stopping, so if your concern is that I will go out of business and stop supplying, it ain't gonna happen ... but if it ever does, I will ensure that all my customers are left with a new supplier.

Thanks. I must confess that ease, variety and continuity of supply is a factor in my thinking. I have found other suppliers of pellets, but they have been in small quantities at ridiculously high prices.
Banjo
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice