What Smoker to Buy - Please Help

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Re: What Smoker to Buy - Please Help

Postby Banjo » 30 Jul 2010, 09:20

ozza wrote:Are we talking water smokers on the Bradley if so I'd say they are very basic entry models, you need to have a degree of heat control and stability, never really found it with a bradley, but if your talking Webber SM or Excell, then totally.

Id pay the extra and save to a degree the hassle

Sorry, I'm confused :?

I didnt know Bradley did water smokers. I was thinking about the digital smoker - one of these:
Banjo
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby MadCow » 30 Jul 2010, 09:34

Think he meant or not on !! Water smoking and a Bradley can't go hand in hand or the bisquettes wouldn't work. Same with the pellets. Of course if you want a starter machine, don't intend to compete and don't want to be tied to a particular wood source, then the Cookshack SuperSmoker 50 or Cookshack Smokette are also options ... they use electricity as the heat source and wood for the flavour (only need a couple of ounces of wood per cook and you could even use pellets or bisquettes if you want). Check the website for more info, you know where to look ... web address is below. :D
MadCow

Postby ozza » 30 Jul 2010, 18:11

think i defo had a bradley water smoker (like a cheap WSM) to start with had to cut holes in it and stuff to get some heat control, anyhow that digital thing looks like something from NASA, im well impressed :o
ozza
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby All Weather Griller » 30 Jul 2010, 18:27

Is Bradley being mixed up with Brinkman?
All Weather Griller

Postby ozza » 30 Jul 2010, 19:22

All Weather Griller wrote:Is Bradley being mixed up with Brinkman?

ahhhhh your right, hhmmmmmmm are Bradley good then??
ozza
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Banjo » 30 Jul 2010, 20:30

This is a Brinkmann...affectionaly know as an ECB (El Cheapo Brinkmann)

I have to admit that I have used one of these for the last several years :oops:
and to be honest, despite its virtual lack of temperature control and the fact it needs more attention than my wife, it has been great to learn on :D
Banjo
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby All Weather Griller » 30 Jul 2010, 20:50

Wow! if you swap to an Excel or WSM using the clay saucer method, your wife will think you were having an affair. You know with all the attention you're now giving her.

I had a ProQ Amigo to trial (Which is very similiar) I couldn't believe how hard that was to work with. I went top down though... WSM to Amigo for a few cooks, if your coming up Brinkman to Excel or WSM you will sleep like a baby at night.

LOL
All Weather Griller

Postby MadCow » 30 Jul 2010, 21:15

If you buy a Traeger or FEC100, your wife will probably kick you out ... she'll get sick of the sight of you !!! :lol:
MadCow

Postby All Weather Griller » 30 Jul 2010, 21:38

MadCow wrote:If you buy a Traeger or FEC100, your wife will probably kick you out ... she'll get sick of the sight of you !!! :lol:

Too funny. True, but funny!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
All Weather Griller

Postby ozza » 30 Jul 2010, 23:20

Banjo wrote:This is a Brinkmann...affectionaly know as an ECB (El Cheapo Brinkmann)

I have to admit that I have used one of these for the last several years :oops:
and to be honest, despite its virtual lack of temperature control and the fact it needs more attention than my wife, it has been great to learn on :D

Banjo I have the utmost respect for you, with my Brinkmann I cut the nuts(literally) out of it, still couldnt get it where I wanted it and gave to my mate (he'd humped me off at the time).

those little buggers look the part in their pics, damn their inability to control temp
ozza
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

PreviousNext

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice