Injection marinade for a rib of beef

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Injection marinade for a rib of beef

Postby ozza » 17 Jul 2010, 17:20

Hey all,

Ive got a rib of beef in the freezer that im gonna rub and get on the smoker tomorrow, i fancy giving the meat injector a go (never used one before), any ideas on what would be good to inject in it?

also what wood would you use, im thinking hickory / Oak

Ta
ozza
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Injection marinade for a rib of beef

Postby All Weather Griller » 17 Jul 2010, 17:49

Hi Ozza,

I have never injected a beef rib, although I have used a Knife sharpening steel to stud it will Garlic, then rubbed the outside with a couple of Oxo cubes, sprinkled on some freshly activated rosemary, season with salt and pepper and then slow smoked it for about 8 hours.

I think a standard injection could be good, a brisket one I like to use is made up from Cranberry juice, garlic powder, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce.

You could substitute the cranberry for a dark ale.

It's not for any reason I haven't injected a beef rib, just not done one for a long time. Let me know how it goes though because I will be doing one in August.

On the wood front, I like Oak on beef.

Have a good one
All Weather Griller

Re: Injection marinade for a rib of beef

Postby ozza » 17 Jul 2010, 18:42

Cheers aide, love the idea of ale, worcester sauce, sugar and garlic powder, will let you know what happens
ozza
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice