Gas BBQ for brick enclosure

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Gas BBQ for brick enclosure

Postby meiji » 03 May 2010, 16:47

I'm building a brick bbq area in the garden and would like to get a gas bbq rather than charcoal. Does anyone know if there are any like this that don't cost the earth?
meiji
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Gas BBQ for brick enclosure

Postby All Weather Griller » 03 May 2010, 18:49

I think my suggestion would be to get a Gas BBQ with the configuration that you want and reverse engineer it, weld some mounting brackets onto the side that you want and the build your brick construction to fit.

This is a personal note. I am a firm believer in the view that the most important part of a BBQ is the lid. This is a widely held view and is the same for Gas, Charcoal or otherwise. If you are able to do so with your build might I suggest you build a lid so that you can regulate the temps.

Please don't take that comment as a mightier than thou response its just my opinion based on the style of cooking I do. It may be that an open fire (Which people have been cooking over for thousands of years without airflow control) style BBQ is perfect for what you need.

A good point of contact maybe Clive at Cookequip (http://www.cookequip.co.uk), tell him that you were sign posted by this forum and if there is anything out there I'm sure he'll be able to help.

Good hunting!

Adie
All Weather Griller

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice