Beef brisket

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Beef brisket

Postby SunofTzu » 29 Jan 2010, 17:08

Hi,

I see some members on here use Costco for ribs etc. I've seen the ribs in my local one (Milton Keynes) but also saw they had beef brisket (Angus beef). I wondered if anyone had tried the Costco brisket? It didn't look as I was expecting having watched some US BBQ TV programs (the Costco one looked more rolled than a flat joint)

Thx
SunofTzu
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Beef brisket

Postby Steve » 29 Jan 2010, 23:53

Hi,

You'll find most Brisket over here will come boned and rolled unless you visit a butcher and ask for one that isn't rolled. Costco brisket tastes great, I bought one when I first started out, not realising the difference. However my brisket took 17hrs to cook :(

You're best seeing a butcher for brisket and also it's good to know there's two bits, the flat and the point. The flat is what you see sliced on BBQ websites, the point doesn't slice so well but I think it's a lot better flavour.

Hope you have fun with the Frontier, any questions, just post them on here and someone will get back to you with an answer.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SunofTzu » 30 Jan 2010, 12:34

Steve

Ok thanks for the advice. I might still give the Costco one a go...but perhaps a small joint rather than cook it for 17 hours :D
SunofTzu
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Steve » 30 Jan 2010, 14:06

It's the fact that it's rolled that ups the cooking time. Try identifying one that is as thick as possible then just unroll it before rubbing and cooking. I've never done this myself but it should bring your cooking time down.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice