weber one touch 57cm

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Re: weber one touch 57cm

Postby BraaiMeesterWannabe » 04 Sep 2014, 19:18

Yes, actually after now having done some experimenting I reckon you're correct - lid temp should be lower :oops:
BraaiMeesterWannabe
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby slatts » 06 Sep 2014, 10:01

yea think I better check my maverick probe

I have 2 mavericks now so might check them both
slatts
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Dodge » 07 Sep 2014, 00:19

My 1st cook with the maverick was the same. I panicked and thought the Maverick was giving wrong readings so i tested it in boiling water and it was spot on 212f.

I don't think the Weber one in the lid is out, but I'm pretty sure the temp up there is hotter than on the grate as the heat is rising. So for the cook, i always go by the Maverick reading on the grate and not the thermo in the lid.
Dodge
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Reefshark » 07 Sep 2014, 18:16

I notice a greater difference the more you have on the grill and go by my maverick grill probe when it matters, one small chicken breast vs 10kg of meat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reefshark
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby slatts » 07 Sep 2014, 21:02

Hi

Ive had my mavericks for over a year so trust them (I did test them in boiling water) just got confused with the different lid temps between smoker and bbq even though im using both as smokers.

Smoker had 2 pork shoulders in and Weber one touch had a leg of lamb. One lid stat higher than maverick the other lower that maverick :? :?

Used the Weber as a grill afterwards and those things get seriously hot for a long time, let the coals burn across the bbq and the burgers and sausages cooked very well, cooked over unlit coals and coloured over hot coals.
Very happy with my new purchase.
slatts
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Previous

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice