Thermapen

Do you have a BBQ item that you don't need and want to sell? Or are you desperately looking for something that you can't find. Post your sales and wanted notices here.

Thermapen

Postby clairbare » 01 May 2011, 16:33

Does anyone have any spare thermapens they would like to sell on? :D PM me your details and how much if so - thanks xx
clairbare
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Re: Thermapen

Postby Eddie » 01 May 2011, 17:52

Dont know if you have given ebay a go, but the cheepest one I have found is £29.95 with free delivery.

Good Luck

Eddie.
Eddie
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby British BBQ Society » 01 May 2011, 18:34

i now have a reseller agreement with them, beware of ebay as there are loads of fakes and that price is well below cost.....I am away at the moment but will list pricing when I get back on tuesday.
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MrBlue » 01 May 2011, 22:11

the biggest issue we have found are some of the ones on eBay are actually discontinued models, the Thermapen 5 only operates in CELCIUS, and has NO option to change to Fahrenheit. The new SUPERFAST version does both temp readings, it would seem that the word SUPERFAST is key (although I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong :) ), and this new model is also more rounded and the viewing window is also more to the left of centre! ;)
MrBlue
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby sloman » 03 May 2011, 10:45

I paid $75 for mine and love it. Is much more accurate than the meat probe on my Dan Boone grill..
sloman
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Steve » 03 May 2011, 18:37

Lee you're right, the 5's came in either C or F and had no option to change them over. The Superfast model does have the dip switches so you can change it yourself.

You'll find 5's at cheap prices but you'll be lucky to get a Superfast on eBay cheaply without picking up a fake.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MrBlue » 06 May 2011, 08:55

we would really like to get one before the comp - have you got any prices yet Toby?? :D
MrBlue
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby clairbare » 12 May 2011, 06:57

British BBQ Society wrote:i now have a reseller agreement with them, beware of ebay as there are loads of fakes and that price is well below cost.....I am away at the moment but will list pricing when I get back on tuesday.

any update on this toby? :)
clairbare
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby markd » 24 May 2011, 12:25

clairbare wrote:
British BBQ Society wrote:i now have a reseller agreement with them, beware of ebay as there are loads of fakes and that price is well below cost.....I am away at the moment but will list pricing when I get back on tuesday.

Very interested in this as well...
markd
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby markd » 24 May 2011, 12:28

clairbare wrote:

Oops sorry double post.
markd
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Next

Return to Member Sales/Wanted