BBQ Smoker Concession Trailer

Do you have a BBQ item that you don't need and want to sell? Or are you desperately looking for something that you can't find. Post your sales and wanted notices here.

Re: BBQ Smoker Concession Trailer

Postby Kiska95 » 16 May 2015, 07:55

Good choices me thinks. pellet is the way to go for commercial outdoor use. what make is the pellet smoker? Or do the boys at mates do thete own?
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby SmokinBBQ » 16 May 2015, 08:19

Kiska95 wrote:Good choices me thinks. pellet is the way to go for commercial outdoor use. what make is the pellet smoker? Or do the boys at mates do thete own?

I smoke at home in a FEC120 the other is just to look the part and hold at temp. GMG Jim Bowie
SmokinBBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Kiska95 » 16 May 2015, 12:56

I like the Fast Eddie stuff and with a GMG I think your sorted. Hope it works out great for you.

Might meet up some time, working weekends at the moment so cant get to any of the local foodie venues.
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby essexsmoker » 17 May 2015, 07:21

Wow. Just looked up bbq mates and they are about 5 mins away from my work! Might have to go in and have a nose!
essexsmoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby SmokinBBQ » 17 May 2015, 08:11

Kiska95 wrote:Might meet up some time, working weekends at the moment so cant get to any of the local foodie venues.

Sounds good!
essexsmoker wrote:Wow. Just looked up bbq mates and they are about 5 mins away from my work! Might have to go in and have a nose!

Nice people and do A lot of quirky smokers.
SmokinBBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Toby » 17 May 2015, 09:59

For commercial gas such as ole hickory / southern pride is a far better option over pellets especially on a trailer. Reason for this is the cycle on pellet smokers especially on hold, kick out a hell of a lot of smoke. I have used pellets for years so it's not a biased view
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SmokinBBQ » 17 May 2015, 10:47

Toby wrote:For commercial gas such as ole hickory / southern pride is a far better option over pellets especially on a trailer. Reason for this is the cycle on pellet smokers especially on hold, kick out a hell of a lot of smoke. I have used pellets for years so it's not a biased view

Your probably right, I've only used pellet and charcoal so I wouldn't know. I was thinking the smoke would be a good thing for attraction, but I suppose if the winds in the wrong direction you don't want to be smoking out your customers. It's ordered and payed for now so time will tell.
SmokinBBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Kiska95 » 17 May 2015, 11:01

Go with the smoke!!!!!

I would like it and feel that it was more authentic and real if I rolled up to your truck for a sarnie and there was smoke billowing out. I'd pay good money for proper wood (pellet) smoked meat from a truck

Here is a thought..........In Rome a few years back an old fella was using charcoal to cook his chestnuts and had a queue the guy with the gas brazier not so many, go figure?

Toby is no doubt spot on as he has been around the block with BBQ but its all about sales and perception
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Toby » 17 May 2015, 11:17

Sorry I wasn't clear ole hickory and southern pride use logs for flavour so you still get the overwhelming aroma and wisps of smoke and steam throughout the cook, gas is just the heat source. Pellets will give you smoke throughout in the same way however they will also produce plumes
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SmokinBBQ » 17 May 2015, 11:37

Thanks for your thoughts, very much appreciated. Two years into catering for a living and still learning new things.
Got a big 3 day event next weekend, 100kg pork 10 beef shoulder joints, 2 whole lamb plus ribs.....fec is getting some stick this week!
SmokinBBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Previous

Return to Member Sales/Wanted