WANTED: 57cm Weber kettle

Do you have a BBQ item that you don't need and want to sell? Or are you desperately looking for something that you can't find. Post your sales and wanted notices here.

Postby Browser » 29 Dec 2014, 17:51

As title, would prefer if at all possible for enamel to be undamaged but OK if slightly nicked/chipped. The fittings/accessories don't have to be perfect condition as I'll be using the lid (possible the bottom) for a lid for a UDS as the stainless one I re-purposed is (a) too damn heavy and (b) I don't think seals very well :oops:
PM me if you've got one, I'm on the South Lincs/North Cambs border and would prefer fairly local if at all possible :)
Browser
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: WANTED: 57cm Weber kettle

Postby Tiny » 29 Dec 2014, 18:11

Old chap,
If this is for an UDS you might be better off looking for a cheapy 57cm kettle on eBay, reason I suggest is several UDS builders have had to fettle their 57cmm lids with pliers to make them slightly bigger to fit a std drum, try this with an enamelled weber list and I think it will end badly......

But if you are one of those tech ninjas who will do some kind of welding on bits to give the lid a lip to sit on then carry on Sir, again would give eBay a glance......

Cheers
Tiny
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Browser » 29 Dec 2014, 20:12

I've been looking on eBay bud, all of the affordable ones seem to be in the Western Isles or Cornwall (i.e. too far away) or worse Wisbech (shudder! :shock: :lol: ). I'll keep trying and keep looking in the new year. Take on board your comments ref the enamel and fitting the lid to the drum, and indeed I will be re-engineering the top lip so that the lid fits without having to go mad with the pliers :mrgreen:
Browser
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby TakingtheBrisket » 29 Dec 2014, 23:18

Just saw this on ebay http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1028873602
if it's any good, £36 with free delivery
TakingtheBrisket
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Browser » 30 Dec 2014, 16:19

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll watch that one while I make my mind up. Can't decide whether to build a reverse offset and lose the UDS, as above but keep the UDS, or either of these first two but buy myslf a 67cm kettle which I've lusted after for some time, the only retard on that being the eye-watering cost of a 67cm kettle brand new! Decision will be made in the new year.
Browser
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Member Sales/Wanted