Heatermeter.. SOLD

Do you have a BBQ item that you don't need and want to sell? Or are you desperately looking for something that you can't find. Post your sales and wanted notices here.

Heatermeter.. SOLD

Postby tommo666 » 13 Sep 2014, 14:31

Time for a clear out.
Heatermeter for sale £100 inc p&p.

Comprises:
Arduino temperature sensor processor.
Raspberry pi model B 512mb.
Wireless dongle.
12v fan (unmounted).
3x ET73 probes, 1x ambient sensor.

Power supplies not included. A 12v 2amp supply is required if using the fan but a USB phone charger style (5v)can be used if just using it as a maverick style wireless temp monitor.

There is a full breakdown of the hetermeter project at: https://github.com/CapnBry/HeaterMeter/wiki this is a V4 hetermeter.

There is a iphone app called pit meter on itunes store and for android it's call pit droid from here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/391347/HeaterM ... id_0.3.apk
tommo666
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Re: Heatermeter..

Postby Wojtek » 28 Sep 2014, 18:26

Hi there,

I would like to buy this, pending some explanation for a newbie - I'm just starting out, waiting on a used 'Kamado Joe' later this week.
So, and please bear with me if I sound very uninformed (I am!) -

Did you make this yourself? And if so, do you have any particular experience with soldering?
Has it had much use?
Is it ok for outdoor use if I make sure the battery is kept dry?
How much work is involved in mounting the fan to the bbq?
I'm sorry to throw all these questions at you, but will very much appreciate your reply!
Wojtek
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby tommo666 » 29 Sep 2014, 09:46

Did you make this yourself? And if so, do you have any particular experience with soldering?
Yes, i made it. I used to work in electronics years ago so had to relearn soldering.

Has it had much use?
I've used it a lot as a wireless temp monitor as my pit is already temp controlled.

Is it ok for outdoor use if I make sure the battery is kept dry?
I've used it in the rain but covered it with a plastic box to keep it dry. I have a weatherproof mains socket for the 240v.

How much work is involved in mounting the fan to the bbq?
I think the air vent door on a ceramic slide out so a similar size plate can be shaped and cut a slot for the fan and secure the fan with aluminium tape or adhesive of some kind. I don't think the door gets too hot.

I'm sorry to throw all these questions at you, but will very much appreciate your reply!
No probs.
tommo666
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Wojtek » 30 Sep 2014, 20:06

Apologies for the lag in replying. Work and baby...

I'm not sure about how I sort out the battery and mount the fan, but if you don't mind giving me some phone advice I'm happy to go ahead and buy.

Being new here, how do we make direct contact and sort out payment? I can't see a private message function.

Thank you.
Wojtek
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby BraaiMeesterWannabe » 30 Sep 2014, 21:13

Wojtek wrote: I can't see a private message function.

Click on his user name and his profile will come up. There is an option to pm there
BraaiMeesterWannabe
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby tommo666 » 30 Sep 2014, 21:26

I use one of these as a battery: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50000MAH-POWE ... 2c88a933bf

and one of these as the mains supply: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-AC-PLUG-WA ... 20d3d18af2

I drilled a small hole in the case for a usb micro cable into the PI and the other end plugs into the supply or battery.That's only to use it as a wifi temp monitor. If you want to use the fan then you need a 12v power supply like on this page: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CCTV-Power-Su ... 2337de3197
A 2amp supply is recommended for fan use.

This thread on the heatermeter site shows all sorts of custom mounts, just to give you an idea: http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?41158-s ... =fan+mount

Private message, click on the name and it opens another screen with a PM link.
tommo666
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Wojtek » 03 Oct 2014, 11:06

Hi -

Having spent some time trying, I don't seem to have permission to send pm's, perhaps because i am a new member? Are there rules about the number of posts you make before you can send private messages?

I wanted to ask what size the fan is: bbq guru sell a 'ceramic style adapter' which fits a kamado joe, but I don't know if their fan is the same size as yours. If not, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Wojtek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wojtek
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby BraaiMeesterWannabe » 04 Oct 2014, 06:45

Wojtek wrote:Hi -

Having spent some time trying, I don't seem to have permission to send pm's, perhaps because i am a new member? Are there rules about the number of posts you make before you can send private messages?

I think it's 10 posts.
BraaiMeesterWannabe
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby tommo666 » 04 Oct 2014, 12:10

Wojtek wrote:Hi -

I wanted to ask what size the fan is: bbq guru sell a 'ceramic style adapter' which fits a kamado joe, but I don't know if their fan is the same size as yours. If not, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Wojtek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a mock up using the dimensions from the guru page, i cut some cardboard to represent the metal and cut a lsot for the fan. Then stuck it on using clear tape. I would use aluminium tape..

The fan dimension for the output openning is 25mm x 20mm
tommo666
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby tommo666 » 17 Oct 2014, 22:43

Item sold, thanks for looking..
tommo666
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Return to Member Sales/Wanted