Kamado Joe 23" & Pitmaster IQ 120

Do you have a BBQ item that you don't need and want to sell? Or are you desperately looking for something that you can't find. Post your sales and wanted notices here.

Re: Kamado Joe 23" & Pitmaster IQ 120

Postby uncle albert » 30 Jul 2014, 04:15

Well, though it might be worth posting an update here of my experiences.

Kamado Big Joe Stainless steel arrived last week. Extremely disappointed with it - both domes full of craters and very badly touched up. Also two small puncture wounds and the fire ring inside was completely smashed.

So have demanded a complete refund and will be returned to manufacturer on Friday. Big green egg order already placed.

Kamado Joe clearly have major quality control issues. Customer service from UK guys has been good however.
uncle albert
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Kamado Joe 23

Postby JEC » 30 Jul 2014, 05:12

That's disappointing news, glad they sorted it for you quickly, if you don't kind me asking why the switch from a stainless joe to the Egg (Eggscellent choice by the way)? Hope the new order turns up and is all ok, I can certainly vouch for the team at alfresco concepts, delivery and customer service is top notch.
JEC

Postby JEC » 30 Jul 2014, 05:13

Actually don't worry just looked at their website, I'm guessing it wasn't the standalone model but the ceramic one with the stainless hardware
JEC

Postby uncle albert » 23 Aug 2014, 21:51

It was the standalone SS Bug Joe. £1400!

Been using my large BGE and mahogany table, I am delighted with the product.

Bit of a hassle assembling it and dropping it into the table, but the quality of the finish is higher. Also it is not smashed which also helps.

There is a lot to be said for going with well established brands with strong supplies if spare parts and replacements.
uncle albert
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby JEC » 24 Aug 2014, 08:18

Eggscellent, glad it worked out for you. Any pictures? I can't fault BGE and the service I've received and the quality of the product.
JEC

Postby BadBoyzofBBQ » 24 Aug 2014, 15:51

Sorry to hear about the Kamado Joe, I have 2 and have never had a problem also found their service second to none.
I'm sure you will be happy with your egg.

My experience with IQ etc is you do not need them with ceramics as they are very stable with temps

Happy cOOKING

ash
BadBoyzofBBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby uncle albert » 28 Aug 2014, 22:12

Sorry no pictures as yet. Gone back to work now for 6 weeks so the BGE is under the BGE cover and some tarpaulin. Had a frost at the weekend so hope it is OK! I've put numerous coats of Thompsons silicon sealant on the table so hopefully the table should last a long time.

Agree about the IQ, not really required. My second cook was a whole pork shoulder. Cooked it around 115 degrees for 11 hours, temperature was very steady. Better than most electric ovens probably. Really simple to control as well.

Spatchcocked a chicken with some rosemary and garlic, that turned out nice as well. Cooked on direct heat at about 180 - it took an hour (seems quite a long time? ) but I pulled it when the thermometer said it was 75. Nice.

Best thing was a huge chilli cooked with beef ribs in a Petromax Dutch oven. The charcoal and wood smoke really made it a bit special - think the ancho and chipotles helped as well. Think the freezer is being raided on a daily basis to consume my stash of frozen chilli.

So nothing but praise for the BGE. To be fair KJ gave me my money back with no hassles, so customer service is good.
uncle albert
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Previous

Return to Member Sales/Wanted