Wanted: Bullet Smoker ProQ or WSM

Do you have a BBQ item that you don't need and want to sell? Or are you desperately looking for something that you can't find. Post your sales and wanted notices here.

Wanted: Bullet Smoker ProQ or WSM

Postby bec » 17 Mar 2014, 17:24

Hello,

I have reading posts on this forum for a while and this is a great source of knowledge for UK bbq folk. I have tried to buy a ProQ and WSM off Gumtree but both sellers screwed me over and so I am still without something to smoke on but desperate to start. Does anyone have one they are looking to sell? I am based in London but my family are in the Swindon area so can collect a bit further afield.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
bec
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Wanted: Bullet Smoker ProQ or WSM

Postby robgunby » 18 Mar 2014, 10:58

If you get no joy on here, build yerself one if budget is an issue. My UDS runs like a dream and another member recently built one out of a hotplate and a couple of flowerpots that is cranking out some top notch barbecue!
robgunby
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby bec » 18 Mar 2014, 15:26

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I would give building a UDS a go but couldn't find anywhere near me to get a cheap oil drum, thought it might be easier to get a bullet smoker.
bec
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby robgunby » 18 Mar 2014, 18:21

There's an oil drum company in London that delivers, I forget the name. Bit of searching should throw it up. You should be looking about £15-20 for a drum, ready shotblasted. You can do a whole UDS build quite easily for less than £70, and it has the same capacity as a 57cm WSM - well worth searching out a drum if you ask me!
robgunby
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby bec » 18 Mar 2014, 18:33

I will do a bit of google work to see what I can come up with. If you remember the name then give me a shout.
bec
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby tim » 18 Mar 2014, 18:48

In the end I went round and round on a similar thing - should I try and build one or get a new one.

I went for the pro-q new from Macs BBQ, and they did a good deal. It's going strong after a couple of years.

Although just buying materials and making one seems to be cheaper, it doesn't factor in time or risk of failure (and having to buy more). Or even worse - it not being good!
tim
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby FlashGordon » 20 Mar 2014, 12:42

I have a pro q (not for sale) but i am going to build a UDS, just because it looks fun and i hear really good things about them, Might be a bit of pain sourcing a drum but i think it will be worth it.
FlashGordon
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby bec » 21 Mar 2014, 11:51

Well I will keep an eye out for a second hand bullet smoker as thats probably the easiest option but if I can find a cheap oil drum I will definitely consider it.
bec
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Tyrone1Wils » 21 Mar 2014, 12:21

I'd recommend building a UDS as well, its really simple. All you need to do to the drum is drill a few holes, burn it out, clean and paint it. Then its good to go.

Charcoal basket is either easy or difficult, if you can find some expanded metal its easy. Or you could but a washing machine drum for a charcoal basket, took me less than a day to build mine.
Tyrone1Wils
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby bec » 23 Mar 2014, 20:03

Does anyone know where to pick up a drum near swindon?
bec
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Next

Return to Member Sales/Wanted