Bear Paws

Do you have a BBQ item that you don't need and want to sell? Or are you desperately looking for something that you can't find. Post your sales and wanted notices here.

Bear Paws

Postby SmokeShack » 08 Aug 2010, 05:12

Hi everybody (new member here, this post is losing my forum cherry!)

I'm going to purchase some bear paws from the US. For anybody that doesn't know what they are

http://www.amazon.com/Bear-Paws-D333413 ... 189&sr=8-1

They're perfect for pulled pork.

Does anybody know where to get them over here?

Otherwise would anybody else like me to get a pair for them in my order? They should work out around £12/pair.

Derek
SmokeShack
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Bear Paws

Postby All Weather Griller » 08 Aug 2010, 08:10

Hi Derek,

Welcome to the forum. I searched high and low for these in the UK last year and was completely unsuccessful. I eventually got a pair from the States.

To be honest I have hardly used them as I find the Steve Raichlen gloves much better. There is a few of us from Forum heading over to Kansas City in Oct. If you can wait I would be happy to bring a set back for you.

Cheers

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby MadCow » 08 Aug 2010, 11:37

Personally, I'm not too keen on these as they tend to pierce the meat and you lose all those lovely juices. I use bbq gloves, much better on the meat and less chance of dropping it !!! :lol:
MadCow

Postby SmokeShack » 08 Aug 2010, 21:57

Thanks for the pointers, I guess that's a resounding thumbs down for the bear paws then!

Adie - thanks for the offer. There's a very good chance I'll be in Kansas in October too. Who else is going?

Derek
SmokeShack
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby All Weather Griller » 09 Aug 2010, 06:10

Hi Derek,

Here is another thread on the food gloves I use. There is an interesting post from "Asbestos hand Jacky", which would suggest that there is a downside to using these. From a competition perspective I think her point is valid, but if it's for catering and pulling the pork for serving then I think they are the dogs danglies.

In terms of Kansas two of the circuit teams are sending one member and two other teams are sending two members.

Cheers

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby MadCow » 09 Aug 2010, 08:08

it would appear that I have yet another nickname !!! :lol:
MadCow

Postby stickthekettleon » 09 Aug 2010, 22:12

I have to admit Jackie I'm gonna back Adie on that one. I tried your -3 pairs of gloves are enough heat protection- theory at weekend and nearly ended up in casualty. :shock:
stickthekettleon
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby MadCow » 10 Aug 2010, 07:59

:lol: oh remind me to bring some cheese for you guys next time we meet :lol:
MadCow

Postby Steve » 10 Aug 2010, 15:38

One pair of gloves does the job. Bare hands if I'm doing it at home. Used to hurt like hell, now it hurts a bit, I hope next year the pain, along with the nerve endings in my fingers, will be gone completely.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Member Sales/Wanted