Wood chunks for smoking / BBQ

Do you have a BBQ item that you don't need and want to sell? Or are you desperately looking for something that you can't find. Post your sales and wanted notices here.

Wood chunks for smoking / BBQ

Postby KamadoSimon » 30 Apr 2012, 11:07

Hi,

You can readily get smoking chips on t'internet, but I fancied having a go with some properly big chunks of different woods.

In Steve's signature, I saw that he is sponsored by http://bbqsmokingwood.co.uk/

Well, I contacted Paul via his website & arranged to meet up with him to take away a few different wood chunks to try.

Really nice guy & very helpful - if you can meet up with him, do so. If not he will post out boxes to your requirements.

I came away with a box with lots of oak (which he recommended as most people use this the most), but with a whole bunch of others to try too. Plus some smoking planks & a pot of alder chips to try:
KamadoSimon
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Wood chunks for smoking / BBQ

Postby keith157 » 30 Apr 2012, 12:08

He really is a nice guy, sends the stuff out and only wants payment if you like what you geyt. If only more traders were like him
keith157

Postby Steve » 30 Apr 2012, 12:22

Did you meet him at the kiln or did you go down to the wood? The wood is like something from a fairy tale, I cooked a meal for him and his guests last year, it was great.

He's a great guy and trades on an honesty policy which is good. The first time I ever bought wood from him, he just left under a lean-to by the kiln and said I should pop the cash through the door.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby KamadoSimon » 30 Apr 2012, 12:43

Met him at the kiln - he was telling me about the wood though - sounds amazing. A real place to escape!
KamadoSimon
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Smoky Joe » 03 May 2012, 09:04

Yes Paul is a great guy to get wood from I have just orderd some more wood that I am going to pick up at Mayhem in May as that saves on the delivery and he is going there anyway. I have to say i would love to she the kiln as that sounds great. His who way of selling the wood is so relaxed as well and that is why i would always good back for more as soon as i run low. I would recommend him to anyone looking for smoking wood.

Gav
Smoky Joe
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Member Sales/Wanted