Dried chilies near Reading/Maidenhead

Do you have a BBQ item that you don't need and want to sell? Or are you desperately looking for something that you can't find. Post your sales and wanted notices here.

Dried chilies near Reading/Maidenhead

Postby Steve » 18 Dec 2011, 22:50

I usually buy my dried chilies online from cool chile (who are great) however I've also recently found that the Sheeplands garden centre farm shop on the A4 between Reading and Maidenhead sell various dried chilies including ancho, chipotle, passila and bhut jolokia. They also sell mexican oregano as well as a good selection of artisan hot sauces and condiments.

Worth a visit for anyone in the area.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dried chilies near Reading/Maidenhead

Postby keith157 » 19 Dec 2011, 07:03

Steve wrote:I usually buy my dried chilies online from cool chile (who are great) however I've also recently found that the Sheeplands garden centre farm shop on the A4 between Reading and Maidenhead sell various dried chilies including ancho, chipotle, passila and bhut jolokia. They also sell mexican oregano as well as a good selection of artisan hot sauces and condiments.

Worth a visit for anyone in the area.

My daughter's "man" lives in Reading whoo-hoo. As a novice when it comes to chilies, which are the mildest but still have flavour?
keith157

Re: Dried chilies near Reading/Maidenhead

Postby Steve » 19 Dec 2011, 14:22

I love ancho chilies which are very mild but sweet and delicious. Chipotle has a bit of bite but can be used sparingly. I'm also becoming more infatuated with some other varieties used in stews, there's a really rich fruity powder I've been using from cool chile but the name is on the tip of my tongue - ill check when I get home.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Member Sales/Wanted