Mini drum smoker

Do you have a BBQ item that you don't need and want to sell? Or are you desperately looking for something that you can't find. Post your sales and wanted notices here.

Mini drum smoker

Postby Graham » 28 May 2011, 23:25

Hi,
I'm looking at building a mini drum smoker using a smokey Joe as the base and lid but I'm finding it difficult to find a 15/16 gallon drum to fit . I've searched eBay but every thing seems to be 55 gallon . Has anybody any idea on where to find a small drum suitable for this project
Graham
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Mini drum smoker

Postby JEC » 30 May 2011, 06:44

You may find it easier too search for a cooking pot of the same diameter, in the states lots of people make them out of a pressure cooker body and cut most of the base away but leave a lip for either a water pan or lower grate, also this way you don't have to worry about what is in the drum before you got it

Alternatively weber are supposed to be bringing out a 14.5" WSM this summer
JEC

Postby Graham » 31 May 2011, 14:00

thanks for the reply,s ,,,,from some of the information ive had back i think the way to go is the steamer (Chinese IMUSA 32 qt Tamale Cooker)...it seems to be quite cheap in states around $25 on amazon USA ...only thing is its not listed on the uk amazon site ?
Graham
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby Big Mick » 21 Jun 2011, 13:43

If you take a look at this http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1840039023/m/5870049575 it should tell you all you need to know.
The pot mentioned on there may not be available over here but you should be able to find something similar.

Mick
Big Mick
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Member Sales/Wanted