Oklahoma Joes (Kansas City) Review

Feel free to place links here to other BBQ-related sites. No links to other forums or commercial sites without prior permission from an admin.

Moderators: British BBQ Society, Steve

Oklahoma Joes (Kansas City) Review

Postby BBQFanatic » 21 Oct 2010, 16:54

Oklahoma Joes BBQ Restaurant, Kansas City

Just off the south bound I35 running out of Kansas City you’ll find an unassuming petrol station. If you don’t need to stop for fuel, you’d drive right by. This green and white, no name fuel station sitting on 3002 W 47th Avenue, gives away its true treasures by the faint whiff of smoke, a parking lot filled with a cross section of society (RV’s, 4x4 and bankers beamers) and at lunch, a queue all the way out the front door. We found a spot, piled out and ambled into the hallowed ground, that is now known as the home of ‘the’ BBQ restaurant, Oklahoma Joe’s BBQ. This hidden gem, was made an international name by the ever popular Chef Anthony Bourdain in his article "13 Places to Eat Before you Die", published in Mens Health.

The rest of the article is on the BBQ Fanatic's http://www.bbqfanatics.co.uk/2010/10/oklahoma-joes-bbq-restaurant-kansas.html , but all I wanted to say is that it was an AMAZING experience. Worth travelling for!
BBQFanatic

Re: Oklahoma Joes (Kansas City) Review

Postby joker smoker » 27 Oct 2010, 00:11

Fantastically written review Cuan..
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Oklahoma Joes (Kansas City) Review

Postby MadCow » 27 Oct 2010, 08:17

So glad I took everyone there last year, even though I am remembering the strange looks when I got Toby to pull up in a 'gas station' car park :lol: ... always was and probably always will be my favourite bbq joint !! :D
MadCow

Return to Links